FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Google voice texts not showing up

11th February 2014, 05:21 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
I am having a problem with texts to my Google Voice number. Many of them are not showing up, although they show up on the Google Voice website. Anyone notice this problem?
 
 
11th February 2014, 05:23 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,311
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk6

I am having a problem with texts to my Google Voice number. Many of them are not showing up, although they show up on the Google Voice website. Anyone notice this problem?

Does it persist through a reboot? It's a buggy app.
11th February 2014, 05:24 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

Does it persist through a reboot? It's a buggy app.

It does persist through a reboot. What app are you talking about? I have my Google Voice texts delivered to my default text messaging app. Except right now some are not being delivered. Right now I am using both Ninja SMS and Textra. I've never had a problem with this before this past week.
11th February 2014, 05:26 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,311
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk6

It does persist through a reboot. What app are you talking about? I have my Google Voice texts delivered to my default text messaging app. Right now I am using both Ninja SMS and Textra. I've never had a problem with this before this past week.

Do the texts get delivered to the GVoice app if you enable that option?
11th February 2014, 05:27 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

Do the texts get delivered to the GVoice app if you enable that option?

Yes. The problem seems to be with the handoff from Google Voice to the default text app.
11th February 2014, 05:30 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,311
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk6

Yes. The problem seems to be with the handoff from Google Voice to the default text app.

Did this start happening after one of them was updated?
11th February 2014, 05:32 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

Did this start happening after one of them was updated?

I'm not really sure. However, the texts are not showing up on any text app I load. In fact, they are not even showing up in Hangouts.
11th February 2014, 06:55 PM |#8  
MrObvious's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 309
 
More
Your work may have a proxy/gateway/firewall and it may be scanning incoming traffic. I know whenever I try to download files sometimes at work it can kind of lag then all the sudden is fast depending on what it is. For example, using Ubuntu and if I did an apt-get upgrade or apt-get install and the mirrors were HTTP it was horrendously slow but FTP was fast.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank