XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Wallet in Canada

Tip us?

gwertheim
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Google Wallet in Canada

Is there a way to get Google wallet in Canada?

I know Rogers is partnering with CIBC and Bell with RBC. But is there a app like Google wallet which does the same thing but in Canada??

Robert Hodgson
Old
Thanks Meter 4
There is no way to get google wallet in Canada at the moment (play store won't let it be downloaded out side if the US)

What would happen if next time you were in the States and you picked up a prepaid Visa gift card, could you then download the wallet app and activate the card for payment while still In the USA. And the bigger question would it still work once you get back to Canada

PaisanNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 288
What about those who have dual citizenship? Can they get use of the Wallet app, say, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday?

Americans don't try to steal your universal healthcare, so don't steal their exclusive Wallet app j/k

UltraNoob
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well i tried it on my GPE HTC one with android 4.4 at metro the other day. It did not work. I got a message telling me international transactions are not supported. The app however was easy to setup. I just added my US based google account and it let me download the wallet app off of the play store. I added my canadian CC with a us billing address.