Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google's N5 or T-Mo's N5?

Tip us?

thionylx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBabyPenguin View Post
Yeah, but Google subsidizes the price because they can afford it. My gf and I are going to see how much money we can get from Verizon's ETF, we might end up saving money thanks to T-Mo.
If you have grandfathered Verizon unlimited data, selling it on Ebay through an "Assumption of Liability" is the way to go. I just made $350 on my wife and my lines instead of paying $250+ in ETF. It was really easy to do. There's a thread on rootzwiki on how to do it. Search on "Sell Verizon Contract and Keep your Number"

aBabyPenguin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bateluer View Post
AFAIK, if you're going to switch to TMO using their new plans to reimburse ETFs, you have to turn in your old phone and buy a new phone from them directly. I don't think you can BYOD with a Play Store phone? So, assuming the N5s from TMO/Play are using the same bands, you should be able to take directly to AT&T with only a SIM switch. And IF you're ok with only 16GBs of storage. As a few others have said, TMO only sells the 16GB model. Seems stupid to me, but whatever.
My gf has an old crappy Android that she definitely won't miss over the N5, We aren't worried about trading in a device, we aren't losing anything. And yes, she doesn't care about storage. 16GB will be more than enough for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thionylx View Post
If you have grandfathered Verizon unlimited data, selling it on Ebay through an "Assumption of Liability" is the way to go. I just made $350 on my wife and my lines instead of paying $250+ in ETF. It was really easy to do. There's a thread on rootzwiki on how to do it. Search on "Sell Verizon Contract and Keep your Number"
Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that. My gf has tiered data but I still have unlimited. I'll definitely look into that, thanks for the heads-up.

seshaz
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBabyPenguin View Post
Thanks a lot I'll probably end up asking the guy at T-Mo just in case, but I trust the word of XDA techies more.

BTW If they are exactly the same, that means the T-Mo version doesn't come with any bloatware?
Yeah most don't know **** that's why I sell more than most reps

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app