Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPS Drain?

Tip us?

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
I did that. Turned off all kinds of Location in the Settings Menu, no Wifi, no network tracking, just no Location. The GPS On time still goes on, so that's what's perplexing me. Perhaps I need to factory reset to see what's up.
Maybe. I've never heard of GPS running when location services is off. There's only one place to turn off location in settings, and if it off, it should be off. Strange.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,454
if you go to location settings, press google location reporting, do you have google location reporting and location history off as well?
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

yahoowizard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Turn off location services completely. Should stop it. If location is on....many apps could be using it. Maybe you have a rogue app spamming location services.

But maps and Waze will drop the battery fast while in use. After they hibernate... Its other apps using location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
if you go to location settings, press google location reporting, do you have google location reporting and location history off as well?
Yup.
Hey guys! If you go to T-Mobile Refer-a-Friend and type in nexuscode or icecream for the referral code you get 10 bucks for free, or more depending on what plan you're using. Works with all T-Mobile plans, pretty much, that have been started recently (within 90 days).