Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 40,166 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Should I use Greenify?

Tip us?

firegate22
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well, don't discuss the battery It's good enough for many but not for everyone. I'll plan to use a recharge pack if I need more battery power. Most of the times I have a bag or something else with me so that I can put a recharger pack into it for the case I run out of battery.

Sure, a better internal battery is better, but I can live with that.

muyoso
Old
Thanks Meter 497
Greenify is a great tool to have so that you can have a broad selection of apps on your device without worrying about it weighing down the OS in bloat. Lots of apps unnecessarily start in the background or ask to be notified on state changes or when the device is unlocked, which can lead to sluggishness and/or battery life degradation. For example my banking app does this, and I never need my banking app to run unless I explicitly press on that damn icon. But I don't want to get rid of my banking app due to it's bad behavior, because it's truly a useful app. That is where greenify shines.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3205
I have a few apps that definitely will hurt the battery if left running...so greenify let's me still have those apps and not worry about them impacting my battery. To me greenify is on my must have list. 😉

And to backup another's post, yes...the N5 CAN have battery life that rivals other great battery life phones. I get over 24 hours with 6 plus hours screen time easily. But...its all about how you set up your phone...and how you use it. "Average" battery times are hard to compare, since we all are setup different and do different things with our phones.

But yes, battery life CAN be brilliant.... Or it can be average.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

gc84245
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Check your wakelocks to see if any apps are keeping your phone awake.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

TheCybertronian
Old
Thanks Meter 419
Haven't had a need for battery savers ever. I just monitor what my system is doing and figure out how to mitigate it without another app to run.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk