FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Greenify: Yes or No?

24th January 2014, 01:39 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
I read multiple things about greenify. Some say it is not good for your device, others conclude it is great and does save battery.
So I was wondering if greenify is okay for our Nexus fives or not. Also I am interested in your battery experiences with greenify.

Sent from my Nexus 5 (Tapatalk)
 
 
24th January 2014, 01:41 AM |#2  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,553
 
Donate to Me
More
I don't use it. Don't need it

Edit, if you're not getting 5+ hours of screen on you're doing something wrong and greenify isn't going to help. It'll just use some battery.
Last edited by jd1639; 24th January 2014 at 02:07 AM.
24th January 2014, 02:01 AM |#3  
BirchBarlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 152
 
More
I don't see much point to it. If a particular app drains a lot of battery power, the only way to fix it is not to use it. You can "greenify" an app, but as soon as you use it, it gets "un-greenified" so what good does it do?
24th January 2014, 02:04 AM |#4  
iamelton's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 388
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow

I don't see much point to it. If a particular app drains a lot of battery power, the only way to fix it is not to use it. You can "greenify" an app, but as soon as you use it, it gets "un-greenified" so what good does it do?

so that the particular app does not do evil when you are not using it..
24th January 2014, 02:10 AM |#5  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,668
 
More
I use it. It causes zero issues whatsoever and my battery life on both my devices is phenomenal. It definitely works, because the moment I disable it all those stupid free games like to start running in the background on their own. Greenify prevents that from happening. Now whether it truly increases my battery life by a wide margin I cannot say, but I like knowing that nothing runs on my phone without my say so, and I have greenify to thank for that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 02:11 AM |#6  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,553
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

I use it. It causes zero issues whatsoever and my battery life on both my devices is phenomenal. It definitely works, because the moment I disable it all those stupid free games like to start running in the background on their own. Greenify prevents that from happening. Now whether it truly increases my battery life by a wide margin I cannot say, but I like knowing that nothing runs on my phone without my say so, and I have greenify to thank for that.

Shouldn't have all those stupid free games. You get what you pay for i guess
24th January 2014, 02:12 AM |#7  
BirchBarlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 152
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamelton

so that the particular app does not do evil when you are not using it..

I prefer not to install apps that "do evil" on my phone in the first place.
24th January 2014, 02:15 AM |#8  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,668
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Shouldn't have all those stupid free games. You get what you pay for i guess

I do not disagree with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 02:19 AM |#9  
iamelton's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 388
 
More
maybe not everybody defines "evil" in the same way..

i dunno why Titanium Backup Pro, MX Player, SuperBeam, Box and Mi File Explorer need to monitor my network and get invoked when network mode changes..
i dunno why Titanium Backup Pro, F-Droid and Snap Camera need to monitor if i install/uninstall other apps..
(maybe i know why, but i just dont need them to do such kind of "automated" work, i just need them when i run them..)

these are all "useful" and "good" apps when they are running (when i execute them of course)..
so i dunno if i can just not having them in my phone..

not to mention those google apps running in the background from the moment i boot up my phone.. actually in my nexus 5 the battery consumption is controlled quite well by kitkat, so i just dont bother to play around with those google apps yet..
Last edited by iamelton; 24th January 2014 at 02:23 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank