Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GSM Data not working in D 820

Tip us?

madroamer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default GSM Data not working in D 820

Hi

suddenly my GSM Data service is not woring...i tried basic things like remove sim...change APN settings all..i dont get data alone..i can make calls..sens sms...rcv calls & send sms...only data service not working..i dont get data connected sysmbol.... how do i correct it..

PS: i was trying to use cdma workshop & dfs to flash cdma to my phone...i was unsuccesful though..i gave up...but suddenly data service is lost...plz some body help...v v urgent

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20736
Quote:
Originally Posted by madroamer View Post
Hi

suddenly my GSM Data service is not woring...i tried basic things like remove sim...change APN settings all..i dont get data alone..i can make calls..sens sms...rcv calls & send sms...only data service not working..i dont get data connected sysmbol.... how do i correct it..

PS: i was trying to use cdma workshop & dfs to flash cdma to my phone...i was unsuccesful though..i gave up...but suddenly data service is lost...plz some body help...v v urgent
why would you flash "cdma" to a phone that only can connect to gprs, 2g, 3g, h/h+, and lte???
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

madroamer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
why would you flash "cdma" to a phone that only can connect to gprs, 2g, 3g, h/h+, and lte???
flash it to suite my country cdma...since it supports only sprint...wanted to chamge...

it can be a reason...but i was not successful r was able to change any....suddenly data service lost...chkd with my service provider customer care...they chkd & said no issue with their end r apn settings...so something need to be changed...suddenly it stopped 2 days back...till den it was fine

simms22
Old
(Last edited by simms22; 3rd May 2014 at 09:53 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20736
Quote:
flash it to suite my country cdma...since it supports only sprint...wanted to chamge...

it can be a reason...but i was not successful r was able to change any....suddenly data service lost...chkd with my service provider customer care...they chkd & said no issue with their end r apn settings...so something need to be changed...suddenly it stopped 2 days back...till den it was fine
it supports sprints, and only sprint(cdma), no other. you can not change this. you could have messed up its data reception. you can always try reflashing the stock img.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22

madroamer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
how do i do the reflash of stock

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20736
Quote:
how do i do the reflash of stock
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22

madroamer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
can u suggest a way to quickly backup contacts...i dont like to use google sync way...manually have a backup & subsequently when factory reset restore contacts...some of contacts are online some are in mob

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20736
there's probably an app for it, check the play store.

heres one i just found https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...up.smscontacts
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22