Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GSM Signal Issue

Tip us?

norikk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default GSM Signal Issue

Hello XDA Community,

I am from Kosovo (Europe) and I have a Nexus 5 that I ordered through Play Store. The phone is great but I have a problem with GSM Signal. In 4.4.2 I was losing signal so the only way to get back to signal was to reboot the phone. The same happened in 4.4.3 and barely in 4.4.4 but with the latest update there are many times when people try to call me but i am unreachable and the same happens when i try to call someone, I cannot reach them.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue (don't tell me to contact the carrier because I will not get any help) or should I just wait for a new update from Google?

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by norikk View Post
Hello XDA Community,

I am from Kosovo (Europe) and I have a Nexus 5 that I ordered through Play Store. The phone is great but I have a problem with GSM Signal. In 4.4.2 I was losing signal so the only way to get back to signal was to reboot the phone. The same happened in 4.4.3 and barely in 4.4.4 but with the latest update there are many times when people try to call me but i am unreachable and the same happens when i try to call someone, I cannot reach them.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue (don't tell me to contact the carrier because I will not get any help) or should I just wait for a new update from Google?
Hmm how's your Sim card?

norikk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It's a micro Sim but condition looks good.

norikk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
What I have noticed is that when I switch OFF the WI-FI, I do not have that issue. Anyone any idea?

bakibaraba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi i have htc one x viperrom 4.1.1 last week i notice 2 or 3 times no signal and sim geting ready. I doubt that rom is problem. Someone have idea
Thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2127

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakibaraba View Post
Hi i have htc one x viperrom 4.1.1 last week i notice 2 or 3 times no signal and sim geting ready. I doubt that rom is problem. Someone have idea
Thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app
You're in the Nexus 5 forums mate. Don't flash anything from here.

Ask about your query here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-x/help
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]