Ask a question

No registration required

Hangouts and Google+

OP 12078215

9th May 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

94 posts
Not sure if this is a Nexus 5 issue only or not but is anyone else unable to send images in hangouts without being forced to join Google+. I get a prompt every time and when I select not now the image doesn't send. I'm thinking there must be a way to stop this but can't find it anywhere! I have no intention of joining Google+.
9th May 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,787

27,346 posts
images in hangouts and g+ get sent to the same place. im assuming that you would need a g+ account to upload and post the photo. and when you open a photo on hangouts via your desktop, it opens via g+.
9th May 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

94 posts
Ahh ok, not much choice then! It seemed a bit odd though because it was fine for months and only started doing it in the last few days?
9th May 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,787

27,346 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12078215

Ahh ok, not much choice then! It seemed a bit odd though because it was fine for months and only started doing it in the last few days?

i dont know, ive had a g+ account since day 1 of g+, before it was public. but via the desktop, hangouts has opened photos via g+ since hangouts started(and i can access my hangouts photos in g+ as well).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread