XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hangouts and IPhone

Tip us?

milleirish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default [Q] Hangouts and IPhone

Does anyone know how to disable SMS from going to the Hangout app on an IPhone? Since I have an Nexus 5 now and all SMS,MMS go through Hangouts. When I send a text to my wife they go to her Hangout app instead of her default messaging.. She doesnt want them to the Hangout app she wants them to go to here regular messaging app like it did on my SGSIII. We have Hangouts so we can be able to video chat when Im at work.
God created whiskey, to keep the Irish from ruling the world!

Device: Nexus 5 LG-D820
ROM: [KitKat 4.4.2] [HAMMERHEAD] Cataclysm for Nexus 5
Root: Chainfire: CF-Root

Landara
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by milleirish View Post
Does anyone know how to disable SMS from going to the Hangout app on an IPhone? Since I have an Nexus 5 now and all SMS,MMS go through Hangouts. When I send a text to my wife they go to her Hangout app instead of her default messaging.. She doesnt want them to the Hangout app she wants them to go to here regular messaging app like it did on my SGSIII. We have Hangouts so we can be able to video chat when Im at work.
Can't you just use another app for your texting? Handcent is nice. You can probably even find the ole standard Messages app easy enough.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Dell Venue Pro 8 | Windows 8.1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: LG Nexus 5 16gb Black | CARRIER: Aio Wireless | ROM: Cataclysm | KERNEL: Trinity for Nexus 5, by Lord Morfic.

milleirish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landara View Post
Can't you just use another app for your texting? Handcent is nice. You can probably even find the ole standard Messages app easy enough.
I guess I could but I wanted to get the full google experience.. I will keep looking and trying.

Landara
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by milleirish View Post
I guess I could but I wanted to get the full google experience.. I will keep looking and trying.
I don't know if there is a solution to this, I've been checking a little on google just now, but to no avail.

Phone: LG Nexus 5 16gb Black | CARRIER: Aio Wireless | ROM: Cataclysm | KERNEL: Trinity for Nexus 5, by Lord Morfic.

xBeerdroiDx
Old
Thanks Meter 1343
Quote:
I don't know if there is a solution to this, I've been checking a little on google just now, but to no avail.
its strange that this issue would even exist. if i use hangouts to message my wife, and she's using the stock android messenger, my texts don't go arrive via the hangouts app on her device. i dont know why it would be different on an iphone. i wonder if its a setting on your wife's iphone hangouts app. you check? the issue is definitely with the app/device on her end. i'll do some looking around.

The All-In-One Guides for the Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 - I337 and Galaxy S3 - I747

Landara
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBeerdroiDx View Post
its strange that this issue would even exist. if i use hangouts to message my wife, and she's using the stock android messenger, my texts don't go arrive via the hangouts app on her device. i dont know why it would be different on an iphone. i wonder if its a setting on your wife's iphone hangouts app. you check? the issue is definitely with the app/device on her end. i'll do some looking around.
My best guess is that this has something to do with iMessaging. But I don't know what or how, if so.

xBeerdroiDx
Old
Thanks Meter 1343
Quote:
My best guess is that this has something to do with iMessaging.
agreed. i kow nothing about apple stuff except that when my wife finally switched from apple devices, it was a total pain in the ass. her phone, even with the sim card out, would intercept her text messages. this prevented her from getting any texts on her android. had to straighten that out. what a joke.
there must be something in her system settings, imessage settings or hangouts, etc. i'd start looking there.

The All-In-One Guides for the Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 - I337 and Galaxy S3 - I747

milleirish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
I fixed the problem, I need to text to her number not her email. Email is for hangouts, number is for standard texting on IPhone. Thanks for the help guys.