Hangouts MMS issues!!!

OP krolla03

27th March 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 87

391 posts
More
Im having TONS of problems all of the sudden with Hangouts and MMS messages.

For a few weeks now when i try and send someone a MMS Hangouts keeps FCing then i reload the app and it FCs over and over and over again. And every time it FCs the other person gets the picture so i end up sending it over and over and over again. It keeps doing this till i can get into the thread delete the message and then go and clear the data from the App.

Then starting today i cant receive MMS anymore. I just get a "Image Downloading tap to retry" message. I tap it and it just sits there with the dancing dots. And now when i go back farther into threads where i had already received pictures. They are just big empty squares with dancing dots.

Anyone else having this issue? And is there a fix?
27th March 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krolla03

For a few weeks now when i try and send someone a MMS Hangouts keeps FCing then i reload the app and it FCs over and over and over again. And every time it FCs the other person gets the picture so i end up sending it over and over and over again. It keeps doing this till i can get into the thread delete the message and then go and clear the data from the App.

Then starting today i cant receive MMS anymore. I just get a "Image Downloading tap to retry" message. I tap it and it just sits there with the dancing dots. And now when i go back farther into threads where i had already received pictures. They are just big empty squares with dancing dots.

Admittedly I don't use Hangouts, but I do use 8sms which is essentially the old messaging app, from 4.3 iirc, rebuilt from source. I have been using it on multiple devices running KitKat with no issues.

If you would like to continue using Hangouts, I will do some tests and attempt to recreate the issue on my devices.
27th March 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #3  
Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 10

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs down
Quote:

yes, i was also having tons of issues sending MMS through hangouts, they would never send!!!!
8sms did fix the problem, just have to not use hangouts for mms. sadness
justinisloco
27th March 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:

Try going to Settings>Manage Apps and clear data from Hangouts, and even possibly uninstall the updates, then reinstall and see if that works
28th March 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 87

391 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinisloco

Try going to Settings>Manage Apps and clear data from Hangouts, and even possibly uninstall the updates, then reinstall and see if that works

I did all of that it didnt help.

MMS suddenly started working about 90% a few hours later for receiving.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread