Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hangouts MMS issues!!!

Tip us?

krolla03
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Default Hangouts MMS issues!!!

Im having TONS of problems all of the sudden with Hangouts and MMS messages.

For a few weeks now when i try and send someone a MMS Hangouts keeps FCing then i reload the app and it FCs over and over and over again. And every time it FCs the other person gets the picture so i end up sending it over and over and over again. It keeps doing this till i can get into the thread delete the message and then go and clear the data from the App.

Then starting today i cant receive MMS anymore. I just get a "Image Downloading tap to retry" message. I tap it and it just sits there with the dancing dots. And now when i go back farther into threads where i had already received pictures. They are just big empty squares with dancing dots.

Anyone else having this issue? And is there a fix?

Hakugin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by krolla03 View Post

For a few weeks now when i try and send someone a MMS Hangouts keeps FCing then i reload the app and it FCs over and over and over again. And every time it FCs the other person gets the picture so i end up sending it over and over and over again. It keeps doing this till i can get into the thread delete the message and then go and clear the data from the App.

Then starting today i cant receive MMS anymore. I just get a "Image Downloading tap to retry" message. I tap it and it just sits there with the dancing dots. And now when i go back farther into threads where i had already received pictures. They are just big empty squares with dancing dots.

Admittedly I don't use Hangouts, but I do use 8sms which is essentially the old messaging app, from 4.3 iirc, rebuilt from source. I have been using it on multiple devices running KitKat with no issues.

If you would like to continue using Hangouts, I will do some tests and attempt to recreate the issue on my devices.

dwreck420
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

yes, i was also having tons of issues sending MMS through hangouts, they would never send!!!!
8sms did fix the problem, just have to not use hangouts for mms. sadness
justinisloco Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:

Try going to Settings>Manage Apps and clear data from Hangouts, and even possibly uninstall the updates, then reinstall and see if that works

krolla03
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinisloco View Post
Try going to Settings>Manage Apps and clear data from Hangouts, and even possibly uninstall the updates, then reinstall and see if that works
I did all of that it didnt help.

MMS suddenly started working about 90% a few hours later for receiving.