Only hangouts sends MMS.

Search This thread

Jiibus

Dec 17, 2010
Ive tried several 3rd party text apps and it's hit or miss if they are able to send a MMS. I'm on t-mobile and only hangouts consistently sends a pic to anyone when I try. Does anyone have advice?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
Ive tried several 3rd party text apps and it's hit or miss if they are able to send a MMS. I'm on t-mobile and only hangouts consistently sends a pic to anyone when I try. Does anyone have advice?

You can try some of them that have work for me in the past.
1) try the mms.apk I posted under my reply in this..... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2633059
2) try the attached mms.apk, highly customizable and worked well for me sending pics.
3) try textra from the play store, minimal and works very well

CRIME INC.

Jan 18, 2011
HENDERSONVILLE
Are you using any ad block apps. I know that ad block plus(I think) temporarily disables MMS for whatever reason on some Roms. I know it sounds crazy lol

sent from my HAMMERHEAD neXus

Jiibus

Dec 17, 2010
Thanks I'll try the apk. And I'm using minmin to disable ads, a Xposed module.
Sent from my Nexus 5

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
Thanks I'll try the apk. And I'm using minmin to disable ads, a Xposed module.
Sent from my Nexus 5

I use AdBlock only to disable, seems to work fine and all MMS come through. Try disable the Xposed adblock, try the apk(s), and see if issue persists. If not, redo the Xposed and see if it still works. If then so, you're fine if you like the MMS.apk. Good luck.

Jiibus

Dec 17, 2010
I am unable to install that apk, should I manually push it? If so where?

Sent from my Nexus 5

CRIME INC.

Jan 18, 2011
HENDERSONVILLE
I am unable to install that apk, should I manually push it? If so where?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'd try either system/app or system/priv app then make sure your permissions are set correctly

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I'd try either system/app or system/priv app then make sure your permissions are set correctly

Edit: looks like system/app

Jiibus

Dec 17, 2010
I used Root Explorer to move it to system/app, change permissions to rw-r--r-- and rebooted. I do not see it in my app drawer.
Edit: also I'm on the latest AOKP nightly.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
I used Root Explorer to move it to system/app, change permissions to rw-r--r-- and rebooted. I do not see it in my app drawer.
Edit: also I'm on the latest AOKP nightly.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Did you try to install again after the reboot? Not sure why not working with the push. Are you using the attached MMS.apk or the one attached in the other post?

Jiibus

Dec 17, 2010
Yea I tried reinstalling, no luck. I used the apk attached earlier in this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
Yea I tried reinstalling, no luck. I used the apk attached earlier in this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Very interesting. I can install no issue. Try Installation:
-With root explorer:
-Copy MMS.apk to /system/priv-app
-Set permission to rw-r-r
-Reboot

If not, Try ADB sideloading and bootloader. If none of this works, PM me and I'll try to get a flash zip to see if that works. I read the system/priv-app works. Good luck.

CatThief

Apr 28, 2012
I've been using Chomp SMS for years. It let's you manually enter the APN settings which in the past fixed all MMS sending issues I had when I was on T-Mobile.

MisterRich

May 15, 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
Weird issues with MMS on my side have usually been resolved by going to your APN screen and using factory defaults. Might have gotten an APN tweaked and not working properly.