Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 46,075 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hangouts SMS no notification after uninstalling Light Flow

Tip us?

Giel_VG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Hangouts SMS no notification after uninstalling Light Flow

Hello everyone,

Earlier today, I decided to try out the Light Flow app (to customise LED notifications). I didn't really like it so uninstalled it again. Since then I've noticed some issues with Hangouts SMS notifications. When someone sends me a text while my phone is locked, my phone does nothing; no sound, no vibration, no LED. When I unlock the phone (just pressing the power button so the screen pops up), the message immediatly pops up as if it arrived just then.

Does anyone know what could cause this, is there some kind of option for this which the Light Flow app turned off? Also, the issue I just described doesn't always happen, sometimes messages just pop up (sound, vibration, LED) as they should, sometimes nothing happens untill I unlock the phone.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Giel

OuncE718
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giel_VG View Post
Hello everyone,

Earlier today, I decided to try out the Light Flow app (to customise LED notifications). I didn't really like it so uninstalled it again. Since then I've noticed some issues with Hangouts SMS notifications. When someone sends me a text while my phone is locked, my phone does nothing; no sound, no vibration, no LED. When I unlock the phone (just pressing the power button so the screen pops up), the message immediatly pops up as if it arrived just then.

Does anyone know what could cause this, is there some kind of option for this which the Light Flow app turned off? Also, the issue I just described doesn't always happen, sometimes messages just pop up (sound, vibration, LED) as they should, sometimes nothing happens untill I unlock the phone.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Giel
Go to SETTINGS, DISPLAY & then make sure PULSE NOTIFICATION LIGHT has been checked. Rule of thumb: Always restart your phone once uninstalling or adding an app that makes such alterations to the software for seemless performance.

If I've helped you, then please help me and hit the THANKS button .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1390312118211.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	2529958  
The Following User Says Thank You to OuncE718 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Giel_VG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718 View Post
Go to SETTINGS, DISPLAY & then make sure PULSE NOTIFICATION LIGHT has been checked. Rule of thumb: Always restart your phone once uninstalling or adding an app that makes such alterations to the software for seemless performance.

If I've helped you, then please help me and hit the THANKS button .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The PULSE NOTIFICATION LIGHT is checked. The problem doesn't always happen though, sometimes messages do pop up as they should. Also, apps like Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp seem to be still working as intended.
I also restarted my phone already, didn't seem to solve anything .

I think I somehow need to make sure my Hangouts app will still run in the background when the phone's asleep, no clue how though.

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!

OuncE718
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The PULSE NOTIFICATION LIGHT is checked. The problem doesn't always happen though, sometimes messages do pop up as they should. Also, apps like Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp seem to be still working as intended.
I also restarted my phone already, didn't seem to solve anything .

I think I somehow need to make sure my Hangouts app will still run in the background when the phone's asleep, no clue how though.

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!
OK, go into HANGOUTS, hit the SETTINGS tab (3 dots at the top right corner), then click on SMS to check if NOTIFICATIONS is checked & then back out once & do the same with HANGOUTS by clicking on your email name.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390313344631.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	2529993Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390313381703.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	2529995Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390313430553.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	2529997

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Giel_VG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718 View Post
OK, go into HANGOUTS, hit the SETTINGS tab (3 dots at the top right corner), then click on SMS to check if NOTIFICATIONS is checked & then back out once & do the same with HANGOUTS by clicking on your email name.Attachment 2529993Attachment 2529995Attachment 2529997

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hey,

Thanks again for your clear reply! I appreciate the fact you're taking your time to take screenshots to help me out . I had all those options checked though, so that couldn't have been the issue. I think Light Flow somehow altered my software so other text programs don't run in the background anymore. Although this doesn't explain the fact that most of the time messages seem to appear as they should. I'm lost...

OuncE718
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Quote:
Hey,

Thanks again for your clear reply! I appreciate the fact you're taking your time to take screenshots to help me out . I had all those options checked though, so that couldn't have been the issue. I think Light Flow somehow altered my software so other text programs don't run in the background anymore. Although this doesn't explain the fact that most of the time messages seem to appear as they should. I'm lost...
You're very welcome. Is suggest downloading LIGHT FLOW once again and see if there's a setting you can unchecked then uninstall. Also check ACCESSIBILITY setting and uncheck LIGHT FLOW. I believe it should pop up in there once installed.

sent from my neXus 5

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 361
How about clearing data of or uninstalling/reinstalling Hangouts?

ONEPLUS ONE STOCK CM11S TWRP
NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP