TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

[Q] Hangouts SMS no notification after uninstalling Light Flow

OP Giel_VG

21st January 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello everyone,

Earlier today, I decided to try out the Light Flow app (to customise LED notifications). I didn't really like it so uninstalled it again. Since then I've noticed some issues with Hangouts SMS notifications. When someone sends me a text while my phone is locked, my phone does nothing; no sound, no vibration, no LED. When I unlock the phone (just pressing the power button so the screen pops up), the message immediatly pops up as if it arrived just then.

Does anyone know what could cause this, is there some kind of option for this which the Light Flow app turned off? Also, the issue I just described doesn't always happen, sometimes messages just pop up (sound, vibration, LED) as they should, sometimes nothing happens untill I unlock the phone.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Giel
21st January 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #2  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 314

2,015 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giel_VG

Hello everyone,

Earlier today, I decided to try out the Light Flow app (to customise LED notifications). I didn't really like it so uninstalled it again. Since then I've noticed some issues with Hangouts SMS notifications. When someone sends me a text while my phone is locked, my phone does nothing; no sound, no vibration, no LED. When I unlock the phone (just pressing the power button so the screen pops up), the message immediatly pops up as if it arrived just then.

Does anyone know what could cause this, is there some kind of option for this which the Light Flow app turned off? Also, the issue I just described doesn't always happen, sometimes messages just pop up (sound, vibration, LED) as they should, sometimes nothing happens untill I unlock the phone.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Giel

Go to SETTINGS, DISPLAY & then make sure PULSE NOTIFICATION LIGHT has been checked. Rule of thumb: Always restart your phone once uninstalling or adding an app that makes such alterations to the software for seemless performance.

If I've helped you, then please help me and hit the THANKS button .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1390312118211.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	2529958  
The Following User Says Thank You to OuncE718 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718

Go to SETTINGS, DISPLAY & then make sure PULSE NOTIFICATION LIGHT has been checked. Rule of thumb: Always restart your phone once uninstalling or adding an app that makes such alterations to the software for seemless performance.

If I've helped you, then please help me and hit the THANKS button .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The PULSE NOTIFICATION LIGHT is checked. The problem doesn't always happen though, sometimes messages do pop up as they should. Also, apps like Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp seem to be still working as intended.
I also restarted my phone already, didn't seem to solve anything .

I think I somehow need to make sure my Hangouts app will still run in the background when the phone's asleep, no clue how though.

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!
21st January 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag DC by way of BK

2,015 posts
More
Quote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The PULSE NOTIFICATION LIGHT is checked. The problem doesn't always happen though, sometimes messages do pop up as they should. Also, apps like Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp seem to be still working as intended.
I also restarted my phone already, didn't seem to solve anything .

I think I somehow need to make sure my Hangouts app will still run in the background when the phone's asleep, no clue how though.

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!

OK, go into HANGOUTS, hit the SETTINGS tab (3 dots at the top right corner), then click on SMS to check if NOTIFICATIONS is checked & then back out once & do the same with HANGOUTS by clicking on your email name.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390313344631.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	2529993Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390313381703.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	2529995Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390313430553.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	2529997

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718

OK, go into HANGOUTS, hit the SETTINGS tab (3 dots at the top right corner), then click on SMS to check if NOTIFICATIONS is checked & then back out once & do the same with HANGOUTS by clicking on your email name.Attachment 2529993Attachment 2529995Attachment 2529997

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hey,

Thanks again for your clear reply! I appreciate the fact you're taking your time to take screenshots to help me out . I had all those options checked though, so that couldn't have been the issue. I think Light Flow somehow altered my software so other text programs don't run in the background anymore. Although this doesn't explain the fact that most of the time messages seem to appear as they should. I'm lost...
21st January 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #6  
Flag DC by way of BK

2,015 posts
More
Quote:

Hey,

Thanks again for your clear reply! I appreciate the fact you're taking your time to take screenshots to help me out . I had all those options checked though, so that couldn't have been the issue. I think Light Flow somehow altered my software so other text programs don't run in the background anymore. Although this doesn't explain the fact that most of the time messages seem to appear as they should. I'm lost...

You're very welcome. Is suggest downloading LIGHT FLOW once again and see if there's a setting you can unchecked then uninstall. Also check ACCESSIBILITY setting and uncheck LIGHT FLOW. I believe it should pop up in there once installed.

sent from my neXus 5
21st January 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 383

1,736 posts
How about clearing data of or uninstalling/reinstalling Hangouts?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread