[Q] Hardware issue?

OP SavedByGrace

4th March 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 25

76 posts
Does anyone have a problem with random "pauses" while using apps? It's totally not noticeable for applications that aren't continually running animations (ie: kindle, text scrolling) but becomes evident when doing thins such as:
- recording video (the "pause" will cause the recording to stop randomly for both continuous and time lapse)
- playing games (will cause the game to go to the pause screen)
- tasker programming (I think this is affected because tasker will randomly close itself without a FC dialog, profiles and tasks seem okay)

I turned on debugging to see if it was a dirty screen or anything, but the touch coordinates don't change at all when the "pause" happens. Anyone have an idea how I can fix this? It is rather crippling to the N5.

I am rooted and I have seen this problem on all roms (and I believe I noticed it on stock too...)
I use a ballistic case, if anyone else has had problems with it...

Thanks in advance!

Using N5 on Carbon + Franco kernel
6th March 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

76 posts
I guess no one's ever had this problem before? =[
6th March 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #3  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 196

804 posts
More
Have you tried factory reset? Fixes most problems. Could be Franco's kernel has a bug in the latest release.

Sent from The Deathstar
The Following User Says Thank You to mistahseller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 372

2,099 posts
More
Have you tried going back to complete stock to see if that fixes the problem?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Lee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

76 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller

Have you tried factory reset? Fixes most problems. Could be Franco's kernel has a bug in the latest release.

Sent from The Deathstar

I've tried out a few roms (factory reseting and cache clearing between each one) to see if it was any one problem, but whether AOSP or CM based, I still have the problem =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lee

Do you mean stock + unrooting? I think I remember having the problem back then, but I don't quite remember before I rooted...I'll try going back to stock w/ root first and see if it's still happening. Thanks!
6th March 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #6  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 196

804 posts
More
Quote:

Do you mean stock + unrooting? I think I remember having the problem back then, but I don't quite remember before I rooted...I'll try going back to stock w/ root first and see if it's still happening. Thanks!

Yes follow the link in the general to go back to complete stock and that will eliminate anything and everything that could be an issue related to software.

For what it is worth, what method did you use to root?
The Following User Says Thank You to mistahseller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

76 posts
Quote:

Yes follow the link in the general to go back to complete stock and that will eliminate anything and everything that could be an issue related to software.

For what it is worth, what method did you use to root?

I used the Chainfire's autoroot (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507211) on Windows.
7th March 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

76 posts
Quote:

Sent from The Deathstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lee

Hmm, I think it worked. I haven't tested it out for lengthy periods of time but I haven't noticed any pausing anymore! =]

I followed the unroot instructions to return to stock. Although I didn't relock the bootloader.
Then I booted up stock and it seemed like it works fine.
I reinstalled CWM recovery through adb (same as I did the first time) and proceeded to reflash
It seems like the problem is gone now on custom ROM as well. Interestingly enough, if I nandroid restore my old backup, I do get the problem again.

Is there something different between reflashing stock part and wiping from factory/data reset + system partition format + wipe cache + wipe davalik?

Thanks for your help guys! I was sure before that it was hardware since I had the problem on stock w/ root, but thankfully it's not a hardware problem! =]

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
broken, hardware problem, random click, random keys
Previous Thread Next Thread