Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hardware issues resolved?

Tip us?

vanisleryan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107
Default Hardware issues resolved?

I have a Galaxy S3, but Im considering moving on to a Nexus 5. I heard there were issues with the headphone mic and some other hardware issues. Having a working headphone mic is pretty important to me...can anyone tell me if that issue has been fixed? Any other input from someone else's experience who has perhaps came from an S3 would be great...positive or negative.
Ryan

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JasonX199
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanisleryan View Post
I have a Galaxy S3, but Im considering moving on to a Nexus 5. I heard there were issues with the headphone mic and some other hardware issues. Having a working headphone mic is pretty important to me...can anyone tell me if that issue has been fixed? Any other input from someone else's experience who has perhaps came from an S3 would be great...positive or negative.
Ryan

I got a 311k Nexus 5 and it works great. No issues with it
The Following User Says Thank You to JasonX199 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonX199 View Post
I got a 311k Nexus 5 and it works great. No issues with it
Same here 310k though

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to markdapimp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maxpower7
Old
Thanks Meter 528
There are no different hardware versions of this phone:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2597276
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxpower7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vanisleryan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107
So basically some people got some lemons as it happens with pretty much any product. But over all the build quality is as good as it looks? Hope so because I really like the looks of this phone and I really over and done with sammy phones.

maxpower7
Old
Thanks Meter 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanisleryan View Post
So basically some people got some lemons as it happens with pretty much any product. But over all the build quality is as good as it looks? Hope so because I really like the looks of this phone and I really over and done with sammy phones.

There are certain manufacturing tolerances with any mass-produced product which results in small variations between different units of the same device. Overall, my experience with this phone has been that most of the "issues" it supposedly has have been really overblown in these forums. I came from a GS4, and the N5 blows it away in terms of build quality and feel.
The Following User Says Thank You to maxpower7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1999
Mine is a launch day N5 and it is flawless. It's just the luck of the draw, as it is with every piece of tech these days.
\m/(-_-)\m/
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

decemberlast2013
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 46
No issues.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9788
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
Mine is a launch day N5 and it is flawless. It's just the luck of the draw, as it is with every piece of tech these days.
Snap

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.