Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help! can't boot and twrp asking for pword

Tip us?

onecrzyasian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default help! can't boot and twrp asking for pword

so i have been using multirom and reflashed a rom to my internal rom. then i rebooted it and it is stick with a blank screen after the "google" logo and stuck there. when i go to twrp, it prompts me for a password that i have not set. I have read that this happens if you dont reboot after unlocking but i did that when i first unlocked the bootloader and have never ran into any problems flashing many roms till now. any ideas???

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1824

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by onecrzyasian View Post
so i have been using multirom and reflashed a rom to my internal rom. then i rebooted it and it is stick with a blank screen after the "google" logo and stuck there. when i go to twrp, it prompts me for a password that i have not set. I have read that this happens if you dont reboot after unlocking but i did that when i first unlocked the bootloader and have never ran into any problems flashing many roms till now. any ideas???
Did u try to wipe "format data" as explained by Dess_Troy?
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionTWRP themes 720p & 1080pDark XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | DU | Uber fan of Uber kernel

grim489
Old
Thanks Meter 24
This happened to me too when I flashed a kernel without making sure it was correct for the rom I was running. I just forced it to reboot into recovery and it turned out fine. Have you tried that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
If you have just used fastboot oem unlock, you should let the device boot up normally first before trying to install TWRP. If you boot TWRP first before booting normally, you will be prompted for a password. Hit cancel and got to Wipe -> Format Data. Type yes at the prompt and hit the "enter" key. Hit the home button at the bottom and Reboot -> Recovery. Unlocking the device will cause you to lose all userdata, apps, pictures, downloads, etc.
Source: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/205

It'll be ok

t1.8matt
Old
Thanks Meter 394
This has happened to me a couple times, all I had to do was hit cancel and it went into recovery, no password needed. Just needed to reflash Multirom.
Google Nexus 5

Moto X DE

Nexus 7 1G

onecrzyasian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
hmm wonder if i could have reflashed the multirom. cuz when i tried to reflash roms or try to flash another roms or anything, it wouldn't work. said the files were all encrypted. under the file manager, there was no accessible or viewable files. completely locked out. I ended up doing a back up by going into bootloader and pulling files to my desktop then did a stock flash.

as for the reformatting, i've shouldn't/wouldn't want to do that because i have already unlocked the bootloader, did the fastboot reboot and flashed countless roms and kernels. I think there was some sort of corruption that screwed with something. And i really didn't want to lose all my data be reformatting it.

only booting into recovery and clicking cancel when prompted password made me completely locked out. said that everything was encrypted so i was out of luck.