Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

help! can't boot and twrp asking for pword

OP onecrzyasian

23rd February 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

254 posts
so i have been using multirom and reflashed a rom to my internal rom. then i rebooted it and it is stick with a blank screen after the "google" logo and stuck there. when i go to twrp, it prompts me for a password that i have not set. I have read that this happens if you dont reboot after unlocking but i did that when i first unlocked the bootloader and have never ran into any problems flashing many roms till now. any ideas???
23rd February 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,687

4,772 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onecrzyasian

so i have been using multirom and reflashed a rom to my internal rom. then i rebooted it and it is stick with a blank screen after the "google" logo and stuck there. when i go to twrp, it prompts me for a password that i have not set. I have read that this happens if you dont reboot after unlocking but i did that when i first unlocked the bootloader and have never ran into any problems flashing many roms till now. any ideas???

Did u try to wipe "format data" as explained by Dess_Troy?
23rd February 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 31

185 posts
This happened to me too when I flashed a kernel without making sure it was correct for the rom I was running. I just forced it to reboot into recovery and it turned out fine. Have you tried that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 199

814 posts
More
Quote:

If you have just used fastboot oem unlock, you should let the device boot up normally first before trying to install TWRP. If you boot TWRP first before booting normally, you will be prompted for a password. Hit cancel and got to Wipe -> Format Data. Type yes at the prompt and hit the "enter" key. Hit the home button at the bottom and Reboot -> Recovery. Unlocking the device will cause you to lose all userdata, apps, pictures, downloads, etc.

Source: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/205

It'll be ok
23rd February 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #5  
Pittsburgh, PA.
Thanks Meter: 397

1,752 posts
More
This has happened to me a couple times, all I had to do was hit cancel and it went into recovery, no password needed. Just needed to reflash Multirom.
24th February 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

254 posts
hmm wonder if i could have reflashed the multirom. cuz when i tried to reflash roms or try to flash another roms or anything, it wouldn't work. said the files were all encrypted. under the file manager, there was no accessible or viewable files. completely locked out. I ended up doing a back up by going into bootloader and pulling files to my desktop then did a stock flash.

as for the reformatting, i've shouldn't/wouldn't want to do that because i have already unlocked the bootloader, did the fastboot reboot and flashed countless roms and kernels. I think there was some sort of corruption that screwed with something. And i really didn't want to lose all my data be reformatting it.

only booting into recovery and clicking cancel when prompted password made me completely locked out. said that everything was encrypted so i was out of luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread