Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,166 Members 45,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with bricked Nexus

Tip us?

JeremMM
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help with bricked Nexus

My nexus 5 seems to have become hardbricked. I rooted the phone a couple of weeks ago, and installed Xposed, then installed gravity box, xprivacy and appsoppsxposed modules. I hadn't made any changes to the phone in a couple days, and was using stock ROM, android 4.4.4. After using it one night, I woke up the next day to an unresponsive phone. I went through the entire google troubleshooting steps, including trying to boot into fastboot and charging it from a manner of sources including my computer and wall outlet. Despite this, the phone does not respond to any combination of pressing the power buttons and volume buttons. It also does not show up in device manager when plug into my computer, even when attempting to enter fastboot. Since the phone is rooted, is it worth sending it back to google or will they bill me the price of a new phone because I rooted and voided the warranty?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,367
Google is cool about rooting the phone. Also, if it doesn't turn on nobody can tell if it's rooted. It's definitely worth rma'ing it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JeremMM
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, thanks a lot