Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help buying nexus 5

Tip us?

opssemnik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 717
Default Help buying nexus 5

Hey guys, i live in brasil and used to have a n4. however i dropped id and the display(not the external glass) cracked, so im hunting a nexus 5.However here in brasil, lg (untill now) have only released the d821 variant(with the correct 4g radio for brasil), but only in 16gb variants, but i want a 32 one, so i will need to import the d820. the question is, since there will be no warranty, should i buy?, the n5 is a solid device?, can i use it without using warranty?, i have a bit of fear since my n4 gone to warranty centre for 3 or 4 times. thanks in advance
Nexus 4 / black / 16gb (R.I.P.)
Nexus 5 / Red / 16gb (D821)
New Nexus 7 wifi / Black / 32gb - Android 4.4.4 stock
Galaxy S3 Intl(I9300) / purple / 16gb - blekola lite 6.1

Mr hOaX
Old
Thanks Meter 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by opssemnik View Post
Hey guys, i live in brasil and used to have a n4. however i dropped id and the display(not the external glass) cracked, so im hunting a nexus 5.However here in brasil, lg (untill now) have only released the d821 variant(with the correct 4g radio for brasil), but only in 16gb variants, but i want a 32 one, so i will need to import the d820. the question is, since there will be no warranty, should i buy?, the n5 is a solid device?, can i use it without using warranty?, i have a bit of fear since my n4 gone to warranty centre for 3 or 4 times. thanks in advance
Hi mate,

It's better to give protection (warranty) to a device which is quite expensive. We don't know when things can go wrong with these electronic devices. It's not in our hand. So warranty is must. It's my point of view, many people never get a chance to service their device during warranty period and that's good too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hit Button If I Have Helped You / If You Like This Post

aavvaallooss
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by opssemnik View Post
You need warranty for sure
Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.4 + TWRP + SuperSU + Dalvik/Bionic + Franco + Xposed + GPU drivers). PVS 2

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 555
Better to be safe...get a warranty.
LGNexus5(art+purity+codeblue+twrp) & LGGPad8.3(gpe)<LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy EDM Mix - Travel is a Universal High!