Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help with com.android.systemui has stopped working

Tip us?

gil80
Old
(Last edited by gil80; 8th January 2014 at 01:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Question [Q] Need help with com.android.systemui has stopped working

Hi all,

everytime I reboot the phone I get this error message.
I think it's because I used titanium backup to delete 3 files which had to do with korean / hindu and another language file or something similar...

besides the screenshot, I have no idea how to provide logs.

Appreciate the assistance.

Attached LOGCAT
Attached Files
File Type: zip logcat.zip - [Click for QR Code] (85.8 KB, 16 views)

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3059
Pretty sure it's the files you deleted. Are you on stock rom? If so, just flash the system.img. If custom Rom, dirty flash it

gil80
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
If I'll flash system.img, then I'll lose some settings.

Is there a way to download the system apps or open the .img file?

if none of the above, can you please see if there's an error in the logcat?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gil80 View Post
If I'll flash system.img, then I'll lose some settings.

Is there a way to download the system apps or open the .img file?

if none of the above, can you please see if there's an error in the logcat?
Download a stock rom zip (make sure you get the deodex or odex one that matches your current set up) and open zip. Browse to /system/app/ and pick the apks you need. Move them to your internal storage and use a file explorer with root access to copy to the /system/app folder in your phone. Make sure you change the permissions and reboot. IF that is what caused it, that will get you back to normal. If it doesn't, then just dirty flash. You really won't lose that much stuff.

Also, sometimes just clearing caches and fixing permissions in recovery can help, and if it doesn't, it won't make it worse.

If you need more help, make sure you post quote or hit me up on Hangouts.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

gil80
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Download a stock rom zip (make sure you get the deodex or odex one that matches your current set up) and open zip. Browse to /system/app/ and pick the apks you need. Move them to your internal storage and use a file explorer with root access to copy to the /system/app folder in your phone. Make sure you change the permissions and reboot. IF that is what caused it, that will get you back to normal. If it doesn't, then just dirty flash. You really won't lose that much stuff.

Also, sometimes just clearing caches and fixing permissions in recovery can help, and if it doesn't, it won't make it worse.

If you need more help, make sure you post quote or hit me up on Hangouts.
looking at the logcat I uploaded I searched for "fatal" and it found 1 fatal issue which is com.android.systemui and it appears to be something with the battery icon which I changed using GravityBox. But the change was a week ago so I don't know what was changed.
Switching back to stock battery icon and I no longer have this issue.

But it seems that I have more errors on the log file. Do you of a forum which can assist with understanding the errors I have and how to fix them?

GrandMstrBud
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gil80 View Post
looking at the logcat I uploaded I searched for "fatal" and it found 1 fatal issue which is com.android.systemui and it appears to be something with the battery icon which I changed using GravityBox. But the change was a week ago so I don't know what was changed.
Switching back to stock battery icon and I no longer have this issue.

But it seems that I have more errors on the log file. Do you of a forum which can assist with understanding the errors I have and how to fix them?
I get this after a titanium backup restore. No idea why it does it I mean isn't that what titanium backup is for?