XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with a couple wakelocks

Tip us?

neocryte
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Help with a couple wakelocks

I am not too versed with this, was hoping that someone could help. My battery life while in idle seems to be suffering quite a bit. Here are the wakelocks that I see using BBS. Any idea what I should do to help my situation?

Do folks keep Google Now off? That seems to be one of the wakelocks but not sure what the other one is.

I'm on stock 4.4.2 using Franco's kernel r24.

Thanks very much!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1388192203704.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	2478422  

neocryte
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Don't know why the second pic didn't attach, including now.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1388192957463.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	2478440  

alistairs1
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by neocryte View Post
I am not too versed with this, was hoping that someone could help. My battery life while in idle seems to be suffering quite a bit. Here are the wakelocks that I see using BBS. Any idea what I should do to help my situation?
Here's a thread where people have already discussed. No real solution yet other than reboot and hope it goes away ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2529719
Nexus 5 Stock + Xposed, Nexus 7 LTE Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to alistairs1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 350
Quote:

Do folks keep Google Now off? That seems to be one of the wakelocks but not sure what the other one is.

Thanks very much!

I'm also on stock 4.4.2 and Franco, and have the same BBS stats, but when my phone is in stand-by, it only burns 1-2%/hr. SOT, on the other hand, is 9-10%/hr. on low brightness, and can go up to 15%/hr on medium brightness.

Sent from my Nexus 5

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK47 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

The Following User Says Thank You to PhilipTD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1031
Quote:

Thanks very much!

Switch location mode to device only.

To permanently solve Google Now issues, Greenify it via Xposed. Unsure of the ramifications of this if using GEL.

Hammerhead Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.1 (API 19) + Koush's Universal ADB Drivers v6
Recovery: TWRP | Stock KOT49H zip
Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerowinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neocryte
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
Switch location mode to device only.

To permanently solve Google Now issues, Greenify it via Xposed. Unsure of the ramifications of this if using GEL.
I'm not familiar with Xposed - isn't Greenify just a regular app? Thanks for the help!

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1031
Quote:
I'm not familiar with Xposed - isn't Greenify just a regular app? Thanks for the help!

Greenify is an app on the play store, but you can't greenify system apps with it unless you get Xposed, and get the donation version of Greenify. That's how you Greenify a system app. If you don't want to go that route, you can try uninstalling Now, then grabbing it from the play store (or just move it to /data). This way Greenify will be able to control it.

Hammerhead Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.1 (API 19) + Koush's Universal ADB Drivers v6
Recovery: TWRP | Stock KOT49H zip
Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerowinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neocryte
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Thanks mate. I gave it a try, but for some reason greenify with exposed did some weird things to my battery settings - the screen on time didn't advance (always said 2 min 32 sec), and better battery stats didn't display most of the usual stats. After I disabled Xposed and greenify, it worked fine again. Weird.