Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] CPU Frequencies

Tip us?

Silicon Knight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Default [HELP] CPU Frequencies

I can't seem to get my Min/Max CPU frequencies to stay locked in regardless of Governor or IO Scheduler I use. I can't figure out why ig s doing this. I've never had a problem before. I am running everything stock right now except cot Root and Custom recovery obviously. But other then that. The phone is stock rom/kernel.

Can someone help me figure this out. It keeps setting my min frequency at over 1Ghz, which I obviously want it to be able to drop down more then that so I can save battery life.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1390185064433.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	2527098  

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Knight View Post
I can't seem to get my Min/Max CPU frequencies to stay locked in regardless of Governor or IO Scheduler I use. I can't figure out why ig s doing this. I've never had a problem before. I am running everything stock right now except cot Root and Custom recovery obviously. But other then that. The phone is stock rom/kernel.

Can someone help me figure this out. It keeps setting my min frequency at over 1Ghz, which I obviously want it to be able to drop down more then that so I can save battery life.

Any ideas?
do you have busybox installed? im sure that your cpu control app needs it. grab the busybox app by stericson, install it, open it, then install busybox. check if your cpu speed sticks. if it still doesnt, could just be mpdecision. then it would have to be disabled.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Silicon Knight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Yea I have busybox installed. Its always one of the first things I do. This isn't my first time modding a phone lol I've been modding phones since back when the Droid 2 Global first came out. Even started developing my first App and Custom ROM recently.

I use Jrummy's Busybox Pro app tho.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Silicon Knight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Mpdecision. I've seen that in FKU, I can't remember off the top of my head what that controls. I thought it had to do with thermal settings for the CPU

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,448
It is mpdecision. Its supposed to make the launcher smoother.

Some kernels allow "stop mpdecision" from terminal.. or in chaos kernel, dev got mpdecision to pretty much boosting min frequency

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Silicon Knight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
I thought I had seen Mpdecision controls in the FKU app, but I musta been thinking of something else cause I can't seem to find it now. I just flashed Franco Kernel r32, and Now it seems to be keeping my Min/Max Freq locked to where I set them. So the issue seems to be fixed on its own.

I have the governor set to interactive and IO set to Row. Still learning about what IO scheduling does so I just keep that to whatever the kernel has it at by default.

Silicon Knight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Here's a screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1390208382281.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	2527496  

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,448
Yes faux used to have mpdecision controlsw. I haven't used it or a while though
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 193
This isn't really a solution more just avoiding the problem on your current kernel, but if you want to do this I recommend Chaos kernel :http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551441 Comes with the NXT app that allows a lot of tweaks to the CPU, GPU, memory, and so on.
The Following User Says Thank You to mistahseller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Silicon Knight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
This isn't really a solution more just avoiding the problem on your current kernel, but if you want to do this I recommend Chaos kernel :http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551441 Comes with the NXT app that allows a lot of tweaks to the CPU, GPU, memory, and so on.
Thanks for the link, so far I got it working alright ever since I flash the latest Franco kernel. Got max set to 1958Mhz & Min @ 422Mhz with the voltage dropped by 25 from stock which at 1958Mhz, the voltage is 945mv. So yes everything is staying to where I set it now. If I have any issues again tho I will try the idea in the link.

Thanks to everyone else for the replies as well