Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 46,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help fixing Device Tampered.

Tip us?
 
rootSU
Old
#11  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10734
Posts: 21,881
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by senseiblaze View Post
Bro, it says cannot open file or cannot determine image filename

No such file or directory :S
Screenshots please

Screenshot 1... Cmd prompt, the error and what you typed

Screenshot 2... Windows explorer open to the directory where you saved your recovery please

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!



Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
 
senseiblaze
Old
(Last edited by senseiblaze; 17th May 2014 at 08:13 PM.)
#12  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Screenshots please

Screenshot 1... Cmd prompt, the error and what you typed

Screenshot 2... Windows explorer open to the directory where you saved your recovery please

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Here's a Pic with both of them in one, lol.

Better resolution and u can zoom in I believe : http://postimg.org/image/f7srtnc05/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	76
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	2749208  
 
rootSU
Old
#13  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10734
Posts: 21,881
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by senseiblaze View Post
Here's a Pic with both of them in one, lol.

Better resolution and u can zoom in I believe : http://postimg.org/image/f7srtnc05/
Your phone is booted into fastboot, right?

What is output of "fastboot devices"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!



Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
 
senseiblaze
Old
#14  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Your phone is booted into fastboot, right?

What is output of "fastboot devices"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It is booted into fastboot yes. What do you mean by output of fastboot devices?

I'm from Sweden so I rly didn't understand what you meant by that last sentence
 
rootSU
Old
#15  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10734
Posts: 21,881
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Also I noticed your file is called "TWRP.img" but the file directly above it is called "setup". Usually I would expect it to be "setup.exe" which means that you probably have the "hide extensions for known file types" set in windows explorer > organize > folder options...

If you turn this off, I'm hoping you'll see that you actually have TWRP.img.img which is of course, incorrect

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!



Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
senseiblaze
Old
#16  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Also I noticed your file is called "TWRP.img" but the file directly above it is called "setup". Usually I would expect it to be "setup.exe" which means that you probably have the "hide extensions for known file types" set in windows explorer > organize > folder options...

If you turn this off, I'm hoping you'll see that you actually have TWRP.img.img which is of course, incorrect

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Hahahahahaha! You sure are special. I've been sitting here trying to solve this all day long. gives my soul peace to know that I can do this now.

Last but not least. THANK YOU!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to senseiblaze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BirchBarlow
Old
#17  
BirchBarlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 336
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Also I noticed your file is called "TWRP.img" but the file directly above it is called "setup". Usually I would expect it to be "setup.exe" which means that you probably have the "hide extensions for known file types" set in windows explorer > organize > folder options...

If you turn this off, I'm hoping you'll see that you actually have TWRP.img.img which is of course, incorrect

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Seems like a lot of novice users make this same mistake. Perhaps a note of caution should be added to the guides?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes