[Q]HELP - Gmail & Play Store Not syncing :(

OP _jordan_

16th May 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 10

241 posts
More
so I guess as of this point we have no idea why this is happening and are simply hoping that Google rectifies this soon?
16th May 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88

408 posts
^ pretty much. Sucks but what can you do?

I've enabled the stock email app in lieu of the gmail app because it still gets notifications every 15 mins.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
16th May 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #23  
wash dc
Thanks Meter: 17

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by briandresstoyota

so I guess as of this point we have no idea why this is happening and are simply hoping that Google rectifies this soon?

they aren't saying.. anything -

Google Play, Gmail, Maps and other Google services hit by global outage?

luckily, i have full services.. still..

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

i wonder..

how TIGHTLY integrated google's making the mobile apps work so seemlessly, if that has anything to do with it, & google's toying around inthe lab.. it IS the cut off point for xmpp, this date..

& oddly, this morning on the way to work, grooveIP updated on my phone..

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

an error 502?

that means more updates still, & google has changed *something* in the matrix, lol -

Introduction

A server (not necessarily a Web server) is acting as a gateway or proxy to fulfil the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) to access the requested URL. This server received an invalid response from an upstream server it accessed to fulfil the request.

**This usually does not mean that the upstream server is down (no response to the gateway/proxy), but rather that the upstream server and the gateway/proxy do not agree on the protocol for exchanging data.** Given that Internet protocols are quite clear, it often means that one or both machines have been incorrectly or incompletely programmed.
16th May 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 1,429

4,898 posts
More
The issue is with Googles servers. Servers in general can go down or have issues every now and then. Even Googles. This isnt the first time its happened. Fortunately, Google is good at getting there stuff up and running quickly. I had this issue today like Google now wasn't even working and Google play but stuff is starting to work again. Give it some time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread