Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,729 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP Lost root and cannot get it back

Tip us?

patrick.star
Old
(Last edited by patrick.star; 21st April 2014 at 06:37 AM.) Reason: Grammar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] HELP Lost root and cannot get it back

Yesterday I rooted my nexus 5 following a guide from teamandroid website for android 4.4.2. Everything went okay and I was able to root it.
Then today I wanted to experiment with xposed framework but realized that I didn't have a recovery when I tried to make a backup. So first I tried installing TWRP through Goomanager but for some reason it would fail after the download. So I decided to install CWM touch trough fastboot. So I installed it and then did a backup. The problem came when I tried to exit. A message appeared and it said "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?". I pressed yes, and then it told me something like "Root may have been lost. Try to get it back?" and pressed yes again. I rebooted and thats when supersu dissapear.
I panicked and tried to do the same procedure fro the guide again to get root. I repeated every single step but it wasn't succesful. I thought that maybe CWM was causing the problem so I installed TWRP trough fastboot and did the root process one more time. But again supersu just wouldn't appear back.
I really don't know what else to do. Everything in the stock ROM works fine but I just can't root my phone again. Does anyone know what I can do?

PS: Im not a native speaker.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20743
just flash the latest supersu in your recovery, that is all. did you really search?
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

patrick.star
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
just flash the latest supersu in your recovery, that is all. did you really search?
Thanks. It worked. I'm new to this so I wasn't sure what to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to patrick.star For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20743
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick.star View Post
Thanks. It worked. I'm new to this so I wasn't sure what to do.
figured as much, rereading your post later, after first read. if you have any more questions, just ask.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!