Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HELP Lost root and cannot get it back

OP patrick.star

21st April 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Yesterday I rooted my nexus 5 following a guide from teamandroid website for android 4.4.2. Everything went okay and I was able to root it.
Then today I wanted to experiment with xposed framework but realized that I didn't have a recovery when I tried to make a backup. So first I tried installing TWRP through Goomanager but for some reason it would fail after the download. So I decided to install CWM touch trough fastboot. So I installed it and then did a backup. The problem came when I tried to exit. A message appeared and it said "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?". I pressed yes, and then it told me something like "Root may have been lost. Try to get it back?" and pressed yes again. I rebooted and thats when supersu dissapear.
I panicked and tried to do the same procedure fro the guide again to get root. I repeated every single step but it wasn't succesful. I thought that maybe CWM was causing the problem so I installed TWRP trough fastboot and did the root process one more time. But again supersu just wouldn't appear back.
I really don't know what else to do. Everything in the stock ROM works fine but I just can't root my phone again. Does anyone know what I can do?

PS: Im not a native speaker.
Last edited by patrick.star; 21st April 2014 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Grammar
21st April 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,791

27,351 posts
just flash the latest supersu in your recovery, that is all. did you really search?
21st April 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

just flash the latest supersu in your recovery, that is all. did you really search?

Thanks. It worked. I'm new to this so I wasn't sure what to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to patrick.star For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,791

27,351 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick.star

Thanks. It worked. I'm new to this so I wasn't sure what to do.

figured as much, rereading your post later, after first read. if you have any more questions, just ask.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread