Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

[Q] Help with mobile connection

OP ebtek220

21st August 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

126 posts
So earlier today I booted into stock recovery and wiped the cache partition in the hopes that it might get the bugs out and speed my N5 up a bit. Well, while wiping the cache partition the phone frozen. I held the power button to reboot the device. The phone booted up fine, but I've seemed to have lost my carrier settings. I've taken the sim in and out several times and cannot get the device to connect to a mobile network. Carrier settings is not present under settings so I cannot manually update the profile. The phone is stock and running on the Sprint network. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thing working again? Thanks for your help!
21st August 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,399

13,293 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have you tried resetting your APNs back to default as well as setting preferred network to LTE/CDMA?
21st August 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

126 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Have you tried resetting your APNs back to default as well as setting preferred network to LTE/CDMA?

how do i reset apns?
21st August 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

13,293 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtek220

how do i reset apns?

Depending what ROM you use.. Settings -> Mobile Network or
Settings -> More -> Access Point Names -> Menu -> Reset to default
21st August 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

126 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Depending what ROM you use.. Settings -> Mobile Network or
Settings -> More -> Access Point Names -> Menu -> Reset to default

It's not giving me that option. I'm running stock.
21st August 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

13,293 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It's not giving me that option. I'm running stock.

The option is there, you just have to find it under Wireless & Networks. I'm on a custom ROM so it appears in a different part of the menu.
Quote:

Select Settings.
Select More Settings.
Select Mobile Networks.
Select Access Point Names.

21st August 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 185

575 posts
More
I think thats what he means. "Mobile network" is gone.... Maybe?
21st August 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

126 posts
Yes that's what i mean. Carrier Settings is missing as an option. I tired to do a factory reset under settings but when I click the button nothing happens. This is very odd.
21st August 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #9  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,203

5,366 posts
More
Quote:

So earlier today I booted into stock recovery and wiped the cache partition in the hopes that it might get the bugs out and speed my N5 up a bit. Well, while wiping the cache partition the phone frozen. I held the power button to reboot the device. The phone booted up fine, but I've seemed to have lost my carrier settings. I've taken the sim in and out several times and cannot get the device to connect to a mobile network. Carrier settings is not present under settings so I cannot manually update the profile. The phone is stock and running on the Sprint network. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thing working again? Thanks for your help!

This happened to me before. I wiped cache, it seemed like it hung up so I rebooted and lost network connectivity. Lucky for me (and you) it's easily fixable. Go back into recovery and wipe cache again. This time let it finish. It might seem like it's stuck but just let it run its course. When it's done, boot it back up and everything should be fine.
21st August 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

126 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

This happened to me before. I wiped cache, it seemed like it hung up so I rebooted and lost network connectivity. Lucky for me (and you) it's easily fixable. Go back into recovery and wipe cache again. This time let it finish. It might seem like it's stuck but just let it run its course. When it's done, boot it back up and everything should be fine.

Thanks for the message; I wish I would have seen it sooner. I did fix the issue, but in a round about way. I tried to do a factory reset in recovery and the same thing happened it just froze up... or maybe was just was taking a long time. Anyway my impatience lead me to reboot, well that put me into a boot loop. Great... So i decide the only way out of this was to flash a factory image. Upon unlocking the bootloader and rebooting from fastboot all is back to normal. I hadn't planned on rooting my N5, but I'm this far now I might as well do it. Thanks everyone for the insight!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread