5,604,219 Members 49,437 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Mobile Network not Available after Flashing ROM

Tip us?
 
maverickme22
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 35
Join Date: Aug 2009
Unhappy [HELP] Mobile Network not Available after Flashing ROM

Hi all,


I did unlock my Nexus 5, installed TWRP recovery and installed super user...

Now My phone can not get Mobile Network.....

Please help me.....I did everything....flashed couple of roms but same problem.....When booting into Boot Loader it shows "Secured Boot : enabled" does this has to do with this problem....


Regards,
 
ldubs
Old
#2  
ldubs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 297
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Need more info. What do you mean by "I did everything?"

sent from my hammerhead


Insert witty, pithy, androidy statement here
 
fastmikey1969
Old
#3  
fastmikey1969's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 466
Join Date: Jul 2008
Have you tried doing a factory reset?

When I dirty flashed cataclysm I didn't have data until I did a factory reset.

Did you overwrite your efs partition?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
maverickme22
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 35
Join Date: Aug 2009
Hi,

Thanks for prompt reply, I installed adb and fastboot on my system, then i tried to execute "adb devices" but there were no list of attached phone, however in "fastboot devices" i get my mobile phone.

after this I unlocked the phone using fastboot and flashed TWRP recovery using fastboot.

when I restarted, network was not detected, then I flashed another ROM using TWRP, but same result. Lastly I flashed stocked rom using fastboot. then also could not get network. I did factory reset also....

I have no Idea regarding efs, Please elaborate me....thanks


Please help me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmikey1969 View Post
Have you tried doing a factory reset?

When I dirty flashed cataclysm I didn't have data until I did a factory reset.

Did you overwrite your efs partition?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
shotta35
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 449
Posts: 1,568
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NYC & Germany
Check if you still have an IMEI listed in About Phone - Status. TWRP seems to be crap as I've seen people talk about it wiping their EFS folder with a factory reset which it shouldn't do.
 
ldubs
Old
#6  
ldubs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 297
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Huh? Who said twrp does this?

sent from my hammerhead


Insert witty, pithy, androidy statement here
 
jd1639
Old
#7  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2268
Posts: 7,449
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Use twrp 2.6.3.4, no problems. Op, check your apn
 
fruitsalt
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 153
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickme22 View Post
Hi all,


I did unlock my Nexus 5, installed TWRP recovery and installed super user...

Now My phone can not get Mobile Network.....

Please help me.....I did everything....flashed couple of roms but same problem.....When booting into Boot Loader it shows "Secured Boot : enabled" does this has to do with this problem....


Regards,
You wiped the radio firmware, its a easy fix
Flash and restore device to stock. this will install the radio and all stock images for the nexus 5
your device is now unrooted and locked bootloader. Check and confirm Mobile network
re root, unlock, install custom recovery.
flash custom rom and enjoy.
 
maverickme22
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 35
Join Date: Aug 2009
Thank you so much, flashed stock rom....now mobile network is available...


thank you for your support


Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitsalt View Post
You wiped the radio firmware, its a easy fix
Flash and restore device to stock. this will install the radio and all stock images for the nexus 5
your device is now unrooted and locked bootloader. Check and confirm Mobile network
re root, unlock, install custom recovery.
flash custom rom and enjoy.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more