XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Nexus5!

Tip us?

adi90004
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help! Nexus5!

im trying to unlock my bootloader but i cant!
the drivers are installed but when my device is in that mode from pressing volume botton down and power button the pc doesnt recognizes it!
i checked a few many times and its just telling me the the latest drivers are installed..
when i write the fastboot oem unlock it says (waiting for device) what should i do?
thanks!

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi90004 View Post
the drivers are installed but when my device is in that mode from pressing volume botton down and power button the pc doesnt recognizes it!
i checked a few many times and its just telling me the the latest drivers are installed..
when i write the fastboot oem unlock it says (waiting for device) what should i do?
thanks!
Did you follow this, especially the Driver Instalation part?

Sent from my Nexus 5

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK47 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

jaj473
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
thanks!
You should install drivers 2 times..
Once when it is booted..
And again when it is in fastboot mode..
Since mode changes, your pc recognizes your device as new one.
So install drivers again after connecting in fastboot mode..

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
thanks!
You have to install the drivers manually. You can do this by downloading the drivers in the SDK manager and installing them in the device manager.

jaj473
Old
Thanks Meter 67
This might help you solve the problem...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532297

ehcool
Old
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
This may be just me but its a good plan to make sure your pc can see your device when developer Mode is enabled before you go into fastboot this will make sure all the drivers are in order, Not sure if this makes a difference but i also make sure when enabling Developer mode that MTP and Camera Are both unchecked as it can mix up the drivers on my system anyway
My Devices

SPIGEN Ultra Hybrid Custom Backplate: For Nexus 5: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2527376
Am I Rooted [Root Checker]: GET IT NOW
PassNotes: The Secure Notebook: GET IT NOW