[Q] HELP** NFC Tag - Change Preferred Network Type????

OP an276123

11th February 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I currently have a Nexus 5 and I love the phone so far. The only issue I have right now is has to do with my Airave 2.5. Long story short my phone recognizes the LTE tower close by and when a call comes in it automatically switches from LTE to 3G. (Totally normally and no issues there), but it doesn't first look for my Airave (Which it needs too service is very hit and miss at my location voice wise). Either way it doesn't really matter since I use WiFI while at home for data. The work around is to go into Settings--> Wireless & Networks - More.. --> Mobile Networks --> Preferred network type. Change from LTE/ Global to 3G. Once I do this my phone picks up the Airave perfectly while I'm at home and my calls don't cut out all the time. But when I leave the house I want to turn back on LTE.

My question is this... Is there a way to program an NFC tag to toggle those options. For example one tag in my car I hit and it flips it to LTE and another tag at my home flips it to 3G??? I've tired a few different applications with little success since that type of setting normally require root but not on the Nexus 5. Any recommendations or things I could try?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread