Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 41,963 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! NRT Hanging on 4.4.3 Nexus 5 update

Tip us?

Matthewlawson3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Thanks and what is EFS!?

Guys, thank you for your help! The fastboot process went through, at least so far, without a hitch and I have been able to backup both stock and rooted versions of 4.4.3 with Wugfresh's Nexus Root Toolkit to temporarily boot TWRP to make backup images. I also made a separate backup of the EFS both stock and rooted versions.

What is the EFS and should I back it up? I never saw this on my Nexus 5 in 4.4.2 or lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo View Post
Send them!

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewlawson3 View Post
Guys, thank you for your help! The fastboot process went through, at least so far, without a hitch and I have been able to backup both stock and rooted versions of 4.4.3 with Wugfresh's Nexus Root Toolkit to temporarily boot TWRP to make backup images. I also made a separate backup of the EFS both stock and rooted versions.

What is the EFS and should I back it up? I never saw this on my Nexus 5 in 4.4.2 or lower.
Arggghhh. Why did you use a toolkit?

fastboot boot recovery.img boots you into whatever recovery image you have. Do yourself a favour, get rid of the Toolkit now!!!

Now you have fastboot, put it somewhere along with adb and add that directory your your windows environment variables. That way you'll never need to change directory to where fastboot is to run the commands.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Matthewlawson3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I'll work on getting that setup. Just for future reference what is the procedure for flashing root with SuperSu through fastboot commands and ADB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Arggghhh. Why did you use a toolkit?

fastboot boot recovery.img boots you into whatever recovery image you have. Do yourself a favour, get rid of the Toolkit now!!!

Now you have fastboot, put it somewhere along with adb and add that directory your your windows environment variables. That way you'll never need to change directory to where fastboot is to run the commands.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewlawson3 View Post
I'll work on getting that setup. Just for future reference what is the procedure for flashing root with SuperSu through fastboot commands and ADB?
You fastboot flash a recovery then flash SuperSU from the recovery Unless you Choose Philz recovery then in the recovery you can just choose the "root rom" option from recovery itself
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

robin786
Old
Thanks Meter 51
AMAZING! A simple but effective guide even for a noob like me to understand!!

I have successfully updated + rooted using the guide found here! Thank you everyone for this guide!