5,595,428 Members 48,130 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need your help please! Won't take but a few seconds of your time

Tip us?

pixelsquish
Old
(Last edited by pixelsquish; 31st January 2014 at 11:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Need your help please! Won't take but a few seconds of your time

I just got my Nexus 5 from Google yesterday. There is one thing odd about it. Here is a picture of the back:

The IMEI sticker looks all worn around the edges. I feel I can safely assume that is not right. It should be a solid black sticker. Did your phones come with a partially worn IMEI sticker? Makes me feel this phone is not brand new but a referb.

Please let me know what your sticker looked like.

ski522
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Mine is mostly black, there is a small section of white, not sure if I wore it off (doubtful as it's in a case 99% of the time) or came that way. I doubt the sticker being white is from use, remember these are fairly new phones (Nov 2013), so if the sticker was that worn from use, you'd most likely see other evidence of heavy use on the phone.

I would discuss the issue with Google, they can provide a mfg date or will exchange it if you feel uncomfortable about the sticker.
The Following User Says Thank You to ski522 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

t1.8matt
Old
Thanks Meter 388
the sticker from the back of my N5 had no black whatsoever. White sticker with black lettering and barcode. I don't know what the manufacture date of mine is, so couldn't tell you if I have a late or early model other than I just got it 3 weeks ago from T-Mobile.
Google Nexus 5

Moto X DE

Nexus 7 1G

Hammer_Of_The_Gods
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4369
Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelsquish View Post
Please let me know what your sticker looked like.
Mine (Removed from my phone the first day):

Currently:
-Black Nexus 5 32 Go
-Black LG G2 16 Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
The OP is the best place to keep a secret because nobody reads it.

30floh00
Old
Thanks Meter 15
just take it off, if there are no other signs of usage. If you find something else, you can easily exchange it I think.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
NexusS I9023

@Slim Bean [4.3]+Marmite 8.x

aaand moved on to NExUS 5

Rom: PA4

Kernel: Franco Kernel

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1138

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1.8matt View Post
the sticker from the back of my N5 had no black whatsoever. White sticker with black lettering and barcode. I don't know what the manufacture date of mine is, so couldn't tell you if I have a late or early model other than I just got it 3 weeks ago from T-Mobile.
Haven't seen the sticker since I peeled it off day one.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

t1.8matt
Old
Thanks Meter 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
Haven't seen the sticker since I peeled it off day one.
Ha, yeah. I have a Tech21 bumper case and you could see the sticker through the back so I peeled it and stuck it on the box the N5 came in. Kinda stupid to have a sticker there.
Google Nexus 5

Moto X DE

Nexus 7 1G

pixelsquish
Old
(Last edited by pixelsquish; 31st January 2014 at 11:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
well today in class i also had an issue with the vibrate being unreasonably weak. tot he point where i couldn't feel it in my pocket but also could not hear it while on a table in front of me, both in class and at a restaurant. never had that. then half the time it was nice and loud. i googled it and that is a known issue amongst some nexus 5's. when i mentioned that to the Google customer service rep, he immediately said RMA. so getting a new phone sent out.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelsquish View Post
well today in class i also had an issue with the vibrate being unreasonably weak. tot he point where i couldn't feel it in my pocket but also could not hear it while on a table in front of me, both in class and at a restaurant. never had that. then half the time it was nice and loud. i googled it and that is a known issue amongst some nexus 5's. when i mentioned that to the Google customer service rep, he immediately said RMA. so getting a new phone sent out.
Nice. BTW, I would remove the picture in the OP. It has your IMEI number in full.

pixelsquish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Nice. BTW, I would remove the picture in the OP. It has your IMEI number in full.

good point. it will only be my phone for a few more days but still. pic removed.

thanks.