Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need your help please! Won't take but a few seconds of your time

Tip us?
 
pixelsquish
Old
(Last edited by pixelsquish; 31st January 2014 at 11:52 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 146
Join Date: Oct 2007
Default Need your help please! Won't take but a few seconds of your time

I just got my Nexus 5 from Google yesterday. There is one thing odd about it. Here is a picture of the back:



The IMEI sticker looks all worn around the edges. I feel I can safely assume that is not right. It should be a solid black sticker. Did your phones come with a partially worn IMEI sticker? Makes me feel this phone is not brand new but a referb.

Please let me know what your sticker looked like.
 
ski522
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jan 2014
Mine is mostly black, there is a small section of white, not sure if I wore it off (doubtful as it's in a case 99% of the time) or came that way. I doubt the sticker being white is from use, remember these are fairly new phones (Nov 2013), so if the sticker was that worn from use, you'd most likely see other evidence of heavy use on the phone.

I would discuss the issue with Google, they can provide a mfg date or will exchange it if you feel uncomfortable about the sticker.
The Following User Says Thank You to ski522 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
t1.8matt
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 394
Posts: 1,736
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
the sticker from the back of my N5 had no black whatsoever. White sticker with black lettering and barcode. I don't know what the manufacture date of mine is, so couldn't tell you if I have a late or early model other than I just got it 3 weeks ago from T-Mobile.
Google Nexus 5

Moto X DE

Nexus 7 1G
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
#4  
Guest
Thanks Meter
Posts: n/a
Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelsquish View Post
Please let me know what your sticker looked like.
Mine (Removed from my phone the first day):



 
30floh00
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 77
Join Date: Jan 2013
just take it off, if there are no other signs of usage. If you find something else, you can easily exchange it I think.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
NexusS I9023

@Slim Bean [4.3]+Marmite 8.x


aaand moved on to NExUS 5

Rom: PA4

Kernel: Franco Kernel
 
GSLEON3
Old
#6  
GSLEON3's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1311
Posts: 2,447
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1.8matt View Post
the sticker from the back of my N5 had no black whatsoever. White sticker with black lettering and barcode. I don't know what the manufacture date of mine is, so couldn't tell you if I have a late or early model other than I just got it 3 weeks ago from T-Mobile.
Haven't seen the sticker since I peeled it off day one.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6


Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

 
 
t1.8matt
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 394
Posts: 1,736
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
Haven't seen the sticker since I peeled it off day one.
Ha, yeah. I have a Tech21 bumper case and you could see the sticker through the back so I peeled it and stuck it on the box the N5 came in. Kinda stupid to have a sticker there.
Google Nexus 5

Moto X DE

Nexus 7 1G
 
pixelsquish
Old
(Last edited by pixelsquish; 31st January 2014 at 11:19 PM.)
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 146
Join Date: Oct 2007
well today in class i also had an issue with the vibrate being unreasonably weak. tot he point where i couldn't feel it in my pocket but also could not hear it while on a table in front of me, both in class and at a restaurant. never had that. then half the time it was nice and loud. i googled it and that is a known issue amongst some nexus 5's. when i mentioned that to the Google customer service rep, he immediately said RMA. so getting a new phone sent out.
 
aooga
Old
#9  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 823
Posts: 2,831
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelsquish View Post
well today in class i also had an issue with the vibrate being unreasonably weak. tot he point where i couldn't feel it in my pocket but also could not hear it while on a table in front of me, both in class and at a restaurant. never had that. then half the time it was nice and loud. i googled it and that is a known issue amongst some nexus 5's. when i mentioned that to the Google customer service rep, he immediately said RMA. so getting a new phone sent out.
Nice. BTW, I would remove the picture in the OP. It has your IMEI number in full.
 
pixelsquish
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 146
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Nice. BTW, I would remove the picture in the OP. It has your IMEI number in full.

good point. it will only be my phone for a few more days but still. pic removed.

thanks.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes