Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Power Button broken/stuck

Tip us?

Bruce Lee
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by frictionbuster View Post
Okay. This is amazing.
Today it started working normally. So i flashed stock and locked the bl using the toolkit.
Although I can't feel the problem, I'm gonna go the SC for making sure what that was.
Thanks everyone. Appreciated.
I had this issue at one point. I fixed it when I was trying to take out one of the screws and my drill hit the phone side and popped it back into place. Who knew.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone:
16GB Black Nexus 5 running Stock 4.4.4 with CharizardX Kernel

Past Devices:
ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII
ATT Motorola Dual Core Atrix 4G
ATT Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Unlocked HTC G1
32GB Nexus 7
Blackberry Playbook

Google+ page for chatty XDA members!
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102405...48467738/posts

Febag92
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had this problem twice, and when I opened the back cover it fixed itself like magic. Yesterday I had it again and no luck so far.

I open the phone up to check the internal button, and if "feels" normal. But it's stuck.

Why is this soldered to the mother board? It's such a simple problem and I may have to get a new phone because of it.

GTI6speed
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I had this happen to my volume rocker. I eventually hit it and pressed it enough that it fixed itself.

Febag92
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I got mine to work again just throwing it several times on my bed hahaha
I'm kinda scared to use the power button now... using software for that now

frictionbuster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febag92 View Post
I had this problem twice, and when I opened the back cover it fixed itself like magic. Yesterday I had it again and no luck so far.

I open the phone up to check the internal button, and if "feels" normal. But it's stuck.

Why is this soldered to the mother board? It's such a simple problem and I may have to get a new phone because of it.
Same thing. After I flashed stock, locked the bootloader, the button got stuck again.
Thankfully, I had copied my data and wiped my phone completely.
Went to the service center, and they asked me to submit my phone.
Luck, is the only word appropriate here.
Phone TimeLine
Nokia 6681 -> HTC TyTN -> Nokia 5230 -> Samsung Captivate -> HTC Desire HD -> Samsung Galaxy S III -> Nexus 5
ROM:Stock Google
Firmware: 4.4.2

Notn4
Old
Thanks Meter 1
bumping this thread a little bit, my N5 has started showing signs of a sticky power button,just a minute ago I felt it constantly vibrate in my pocket but no sound and when I checked, it was bootlooping... tapped the power button quite hard a few times and now it boots, ain't the first time it happened either, once it took me one full day to get it back to normal.

Is this something that happens only to the first phones? I know that the rattling was fixed at some point in production but mine has it so its one of the first to come out of the factory. What about fixing it myself? or how does warranty work with nexus devices? I bought it from a retailer in Finland that imported them from germany (possibly straight from play store) and the retailer has since gone out of business, is my 24month warranty still valid if the store that issued it is gone?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notn4 View Post
bumping this thread a little bit, my N5 has started showing signs of a sticky power button,just a minute ago I felt it constantly vibrate in my pocket but no sound and when I checked, it was bootlooping... tapped the power button quite hard a few times and now it boots, ain't the first time it happened either, once it took me one full day to get it back to normal.

Is this something that happens only to the first phones? I know that the rattling was fixed at some point in production but mine has it so its one of the first to come out of the factory. What about fixing it myself? or how does warranty work with nexus devices? I bought it from a retailer in Finland that imported them from germany (possibly straight from play store) and the retailer has since gone out of business, is my 24month warranty still valid if the store that issued it is gone?
Hard to say. Mine is a day 1 device and has never had this issue not has it rattled. Also you can still get rattling devices so it doesn't look like they've fixed it at all

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

howard bamber
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Just stop it from rattling by your favourite method, be it paper, um blutack, um anyways noone will know

Ten min cutoff app.