Recognized Contributor
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 372

2,099 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frictionbuster

Okay. This is amazing.
Today it started working normally. So i flashed stock and locked the bl using the toolkit.
Although I can't feel the problem, I'm gonna go the SC for making sure what that was.
Thanks everyone. Appreciated.

I had this issue at one point. I fixed it when I was trying to take out one of the screws and my drill hit the phone side and popped it back into place. Who knew.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th May 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #12  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
I had this problem twice, and when I opened the back cover it fixed itself like magic. Yesterday I had it again and no luck so far.

I open the phone up to check the internal button, and if "feels" normal. But it's stuck.

Why is this soldered to the mother board? It's such a simple problem and I may have to get a new phone because of it.
26th May 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 33

58 posts
I had this happen to my volume rocker. I eventually hit it and pressed it enough that it fixed itself.
26th May 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #14  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
I got mine to work again just throwing it several times on my bed hahaha
I'm kinda scared to use the power button now... using software for that now
26th May 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #15  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2

62 posts
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febag92

I had this problem twice, and when I opened the back cover it fixed itself like magic. Yesterday I had it again and no luck so far.

I open the phone up to check the internal button, and if "feels" normal. But it's stuck.

Why is this soldered to the mother board? It's such a simple problem and I may have to get a new phone because of it.

Same thing. After I flashed stock, locked the bootloader, the button got stuck again.
Thankfully, I had copied my data and wiped my phone completely.
Went to the service center, and they asked me to submit my phone.
Luck, is the only word appropriate here.
14th June 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #16  
Flag Pietarsaari
Thanks Meter: 1

92 posts
More
bumping this thread a little bit, my N5 has started showing signs of a sticky power button,just a minute ago I felt it constantly vibrate in my pocket but no sound and when I checked, it was bootlooping... tapped the power button quite hard a few times and now it boots, ain't the first time it happened either, once it took me one full day to get it back to normal.

Is this something that happens only to the first phones? I know that the rattling was fixed at some point in production but mine has it so its one of the first to come out of the factory. What about fixing it myself? or how does warranty work with nexus devices? I bought it from a retailer in Finland that imported them from germany (possibly straight from play store) and the retailer has since gone out of business, is my 24month warranty still valid if the store that issued it is gone?
14th June 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #17  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,909

25,129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notn4

bumping this thread a little bit, my N5 has started showing signs of a sticky power button,just a minute ago I felt it constantly vibrate in my pocket but no sound and when I checked, it was bootlooping... tapped the power button quite hard a few times and now it boots, ain't the first time it happened either, once it took me one full day to get it back to normal.

Is this something that happens only to the first phones? I know that the rattling was fixed at some point in production but mine has it so its one of the first to come out of the factory. What about fixing it myself? or how does warranty work with nexus devices? I bought it from a retailer in Finland that imported them from germany (possibly straight from play store) and the retailer has since gone out of business, is my 24month warranty still valid if the store that issued it is gone?

Hard to say. Mine is a day 1 device and has never had this issue not has it rattled. Also you can still get rattling devices so it doesn't look like they've fixed it at all

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
14th June 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #18  
Southport
Thanks Meter: 185

1,360 posts
Just stop it from rattling by your favourite method, be it paper, um blutack, um anyways noone will know

Ten min cutoff app.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread