Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,083 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! problems after instaling twrp 2.7

Tip us?

Alexandar92zr
Old
(Last edited by Alexandar92zr; 14th March 2014 at 11:04 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help! problems after instaling twrp 2.7

Ok so today i wanted to root my nexus 5 so i unlocked bootloader via androidSDK slim everything went fine but i did not power up my device yet thet i flash the recovery.img of twrp after that i booted into recovery and for a second it displayed some error i could not see it but it said could not read /e..... or i think so and it reboted itself and started booting android and now i think im stuck in boot loop because its booting up for 10 mins. can someone help me?

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1879

DONATE TO ME
So now your Bootloader is unlocked, right?

First boot after unlocking the Bootloader takes time... Wait for 10 more mins and then reboot once again and see whether you can get the OS to bootup...

If you can't, you can either try factory reseting from Bootloader or you can flash a custom recovery and then install a custom rom of your choice.

Or you can also go full stock and start over again by flashing a factory image...

-Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9942
You're supposed to reboot the bootloader before flashing anything.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Alexandar92zr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
So now your Bootloader is unlocked, right?

First boot after unlocking the Bootloader takes time... Wait for 10 more mins and then reboot once again and see whether you can get the OS to bootup...

If you can't, you can either try factory reseting from Bootloader or you can flash a custom recovery and then install a custom rom of your choice.

Or you can also go full stock and start over again by flashing a factory image...

-Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
yes it is unlocked as i sad and i installed twrp so i have custom recovery ok ill wait a bit more and see what happends. what happens if i factory reset from bootloder?

Alexandar92zr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
You're supposed to reboot the bootloader before flashing anything.
after it sad that unlocking is done with ulocking on command promt on my pc and on my phone i flashed the recovery right away. Now i turned my phone down by pressing power and vol down button and booted recovery and it did boot fine in twrp no with errors like first time so i gone to reboot and then system and it said that my phone is not rooted and to install super su i did that and now its booting up for like 10mins again still cant boot up into android. what can i do to fix this?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandar92zr View Post
after it sad that unlocking is done with ulocking on command promt on my pc and on my phone i flashed the recovery right away
This was your first mistake

Quote:
i turned my phone down by pressing power and vol down button and booted recovery and it did boot fine in twrp no with errors like first time so i gone to reboot and then system and it said that my phone is not rooted and to install super su i did that
And this the second mistake. Nothing should have been done before first restarting the bootloader.

Quote:
what can i do to fix this?
Flash the factory images from google for the nexus 5. There is a guide in General.

Once your phone boots, flash a recovery
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Alexandar92zr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

And this the second mistake. Nothing should have been done before first restarting the bootloader.

Flash the factory images from google for the nexus 5. There is a guide in General.

can you link me the tutorial how to do that?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9942
Quote:
can you link me the tutorial how to do that?
It's in General.

The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alexandar92zr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Quote:
It's in General.
sorry im a bin nervous becausemy phone is not working. i ment a tutorial how to flash factory images.

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1879

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
sorry im a bin nervous becausemy phone is not working. i ment a tutorial how to flash factory images.
Don't be tense, you will tend to do more damage. Calm down m8.

here you go: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701

The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]