Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 47,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with Random Reboots

Tip us?

prabs99
Old
(Last edited by prabs99; 30th April 2014 at 01:41 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Help with Random Reboots

I started getting random reboots once or twice a day this last week. I am attaching the latest last_kmsg file. The reason for the reboot is kernel_panic, but I don't know if it is a software problem or hardware problem. Can someone help with this? I am running CM11, nightly (4-27). Also the latest random reboot wiped my sms messages.
Attached Files
File Type: txt last_kmsg_04-29.txt - [Click for QR Code] (227.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: txt last_kmsg_04-28.txt - [Click for QR Code] (227.6 KB, 4 views)

ldubs
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Switch kernels?

sent from my hammerhead

Insert witty, pithy, androidy statement here

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,208
I'm guessing it's a hardware issue with the cache ram on the cpu. Flash back to stock and sees if the problem persists
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prabs99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
I'm guessing it's a hardware issue with the cache ram on the cpu. Flash back to stock and sees if the problem persists
Thanks. Will try that.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,164
kernel panic is more or less generic name for many many many types of derps that can happen. a rom might cause this, a kernel might cause this, a user started mod could cause this, an app could cause this, a theme can cause this.. really, theres a multitude of reasons for kernel panics. personally, i wouldnt do something as drastic as go back to stock. youre running a nightly, which is EXPECTED to have derps. you can flash tbe next nightly to see if the issue still happens, or the previous nightly, or even a stable build. anyways, ill look at your last_kmsg to see if i can spot whats causing the kernel panics.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

heres your problem, what caused your kernel panics. looks like a cm rom/kernel issue, not very serious, but will cause random reboots. pass your last_kmsg over to someone who worls on cm, so they can fix it.

[ 1368.559152] Fatal error on the ADSP!
[ 1368.559235] ADSP subsystem failure reason: memheap.c:1091:In task 0x0, Assertion block_ptr->forw_offset != 0 failed
[ 1368.559313] subsys-restart: subsystem_restart_dev(): Restart sequence requested for adsp, restart_level = RELATED.
[ 1368.559671] Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CitizenLee
Old
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
kernel panic is more or less generic name for many many many types of derps that can happen. a rom might cause this, a kernel might cause this, a user started mod could cause this, an app could cause this, a theme can cause this.. really, theres a multitude of reasons for kernel panics. personally, i wouldnt do something as drastic as go back to stock. youre running a nightly, which is EXPECTED to have derps. you can flash tbe next nightly to see if the issue still happens, or the previous nightly, or even a stable build. anyways, ill look at your last_kmsg to see if i can spot whats causing the kernel panics.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

heres your problem, what caused your kernel panics. looks like a cm rom/kernel issue, not very serious, but will cause random reboots. pass your last_kmsg over to someone who worls on cm, so they can fix it.

[ 1368.559235] ADSP subsystem failure reason: memheap.c:1091:In task 0x0, Assertion block_ptr->forw_offset != 0 failed
[ 1368.559313] subsys-restart: subsystem_restart_dev(): Restart sequence requested for adsp, restart_level = RELATED.
[ 1368.559671] Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
I don't even use CM or have this problem but I've given you a thanks anyway, as that is a first class reply
Main Device: Google Nexus 5
Other Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S2, Motorola Moto G
Retired: HTC Hero, HTC Wildfire S, HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy Note 1
Dropbox | Flickr
The Following User Says Thank You to CitizenLee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prabs99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thank you very much. I will post it in the CM11 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post