(I've posted this at the Help thread, but since it seems to be more than a simple question I'm migrating it here.)
To sum what I've done so far:
How I've taken the backup:
Opened Helium Server via my laptop's browser and selected all the apps, checked the "Backup App Data Only" and then clicked backup, it asked me where to save the zip file, clicked ok and now I have a backup of about 80MBs.
Now I want to restore the backup, what I've done:
- Installed Helium
- Connected it successfuly with my laptop running run.sh script
- Opened helium and selected settings and then the 1st option (sth about PC), so I got the local address of the Helium server
- Accessed the server via my laptop's browser and clicked browse to select my backup file
- It said uploading and after that the list of all the apps showed up, clicked the Restore button
- At the phone, the Backup/Restore dialog opened, a quick message showed up in this dialog about the 1st app (9gag) and then the dialog closed (not force close) with a toast notification saying "Restore starting..."
- After that I got a message at my laptop's browser that "Restore complete" although no such thing happened
So, what can I do now?
Is there any way to manually restore the apps via adb restore now that I don't have an ab file? Actually I don't care using GUI, I just want to proceed restoring the backup, I've seen these threads here and here but I have a zip file, not an ab.
Does helium backup uses adb backup and then this tool to convert the ab file to zip?
Really frustrated that this has taken up so much time..