Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q]Help! Soft-bricked NEXUS 5. Needs access to internal storage

OP lgm

12th June 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Hi everyone,

I was on 4.4.2 and wanted to update to 4.4.3. Since I installed Xposed and the OTA package wouldn't install even after I uninstalled the framework, I opted for the factory image. I used the flash_all script that came with the image file and now my phone is stuck at the dancing colors.

Now I think I can probably get the phone to work again is I do a factory reset but I don't want to lose the file on the internal sdcard.

Is there anyway to backup the files on the internal storage?

I've tried ADB but it doesn't list my device either in bootloader or with the phone off or stuck at the dancing colors.

ADB does list my device in recovery mode with the "apply update from ADB" option, but I can't do a adb pull from there. It says:

error: closed.

Any idea?

OR a method to solve the soft-brick situation without wipe the files on /sdcard would work as well.

Thank you.
Last edited by lgm; 12th June 2014 at 11:58 AM.
12th June 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #2  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,815
 
4,973 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgm

Hi everyone,

I was on 4.4.2 and wanted to update to 4.4.3. Since I installed Xposed and the OTA package wouldn't install even after I uninstalled the framework, I opted for the factory image. I used the flash_all script that came with the image file and now my phone is stuck at the dancing colors.

Now I think I can probably get the phone to work again is I do a factory reset but I don't want to lose the file on the internal sdcard.

Is there anyway to backup the files on the internal storage?

I've tried ADB but it doesn't list my device either in bootloader or with the phone off or stuck at the dancing colors.

ADB does list my device in recovery mode with the "apply update from ADB" option, but I can't do a adb pull from there. It says:

error: closed.

Any idea?

You have lost your internal data after using the factory images...
12th June 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

You have lost your internal data after using the factory images...

I did? The command in the flash script is
Code:
fastboot.exe -w update image-hammerhead-ktu84m.zip
and from what i can tell from the output it didn't flash userdata.img

Would that mean my files on the internal /sdcard is still in tact?
12th June 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #4  
fxdil's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 22
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgm

I did? The command in the flash script is

Code:
fastboot.exe -w update image-hammerhead-ktu84m.zip
and from what i can tell from the output it didn't flash userdata.img

Would that mean my files on the internal /sdcard is still in tact?

You need to remove "-w" if you didn't want it to flash your data. Everything's gone now dude..
12th June 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdil

You need to remove "-w" if you didn't want it to flash your data. Everything's gone now dude..

I see. That solves the problem too, I guess. Thank you for clarifying.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, factory reset, internal storage, nexus 5, soft brick
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes