Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 50,064 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need HELP! Storage issue!

Tip us?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,764
If LG flashtool didn't work, I doubt nothing will but to answer your question, its worth a shot.

It also depends which wipe you choose.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Ibkevin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
If LG flashtool didn't work, I doubt nothing will but to answer your question, its worth a shot.

It also depends which wipe you choose.

I actually haven't gone thru with LG Flash tool because I was reading in a LG Flash tool thread on XDA that the TOT files that you need, actually do come in 16g and 32g versions and there are only certain firmware versions available on XDA because the only way to get new firmware/the one I need, is to get it from someone who works for LG directly. All the available tot files on XDA or on Google, are all 16g. So there's really no way I can use LG Flash tool without having the correct TOT firmware, which seems to be unavailable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

bitdomo
Old
Thanks Meter 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibkevin View Post
I actually haven't gone thru with LG Flash tool because I was reading in a LG Flash tool thread on XDA that the TOT files that you need, actually do come in 16g and 32g versions and there are only certain firmware versions available on XDA because the only way to get new firmware/the one I need, is to get it from someone who works for LG directly. All the available tot files on XDA or on Google, are all 16g. So there's really no way I can use LG Flash tool without having the correct TOT firmware, which seems to be unavailable.

There tot file for the 32GB version of D820 as well. Check the converted folder when you try to download the tot file. I converted the D821 32gb tot file to D820 tot file by simply change the D821 text to D820 in the header of tot file. It was tested and it is working.
The Following User Says Thank You to bitdomo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ibkevin
Old
(Last edited by Ibkevin; 7th July 2014 at 09:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 316
Sounds great man, I didn't know that. I do remember once when I was about to use LG flash tool, I went to download the tot file and I remember there being two folders, one read 16g, and the other was titled modified or something along those lines, but I just assumed it meant a modified version of the 16g tot file. I guess I should've opened it and dug a bit deeper that time. Anyway,I really appreciate your help bro. Its like 4:30am here so I'm gonna sleep for a few, and I will give that an official try once I wake and I'll report back. Thanks again.

Ibkevin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 316
So I downloaded the 32g tot file and flashed in lg flash tool, only it failed because it says it doesnt match, wrong size, 16g??? Wtf? I know my phone was a 32g ! The imei check even comes back as a 32gb. I had 32gb when I bought it so why does lg flash tool want a 16g file? Because my phone is reading as 16g right now? But if I use the 16g tot file, won't that keep my phone at 16g?? I'm currently plugged in to lg flash tool with a fail and my phone still in the download mode, and don't know what to do??

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,764
Send it for repair

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

bitdomo
Old
Thanks Meter 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibkevin View Post
So I downloaded the 32g tot file and flashed in lg flash tool, only it failed because it says it doesnt match, wrong size, 16g??? Wtf? I know my phone was a 32g ! The imei check even comes back as a 32gb. I had 32gb when I bought it so why does lg flash tool want a 16g file? Because my phone is reading as 16g right now? But if I use the 16g tot file, won't that keep my phone at 16g?? I'm currently plugged in to lg flash tool with a fail and my phone still in the download mode, and don't know what to do??

If you hold the power key for 10 second your phone will restart.