Need HELP! Storage issue!

Search This thread

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
uruzavu7.jpg
bazu4atu.jpg
Hey guys, I have a 32g Nexus 5, rooted, running cwm recovery but no matter what ROM I download, my storage is reading as a 16g phone and saying I only have a little over one gig !? But yet when u look at the storage bar, its not even half full! Please help me anyone who may know what the problem is?? I really want my 32g back bad! Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I've never had this issue before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
This has happened to me before, the way I fixed it was reflashing the stock factory rom. You still have 32gb, it's just being reported wrong.

Thanks man, I'll give it a shot. I found some people with the problem on google but no real straight forward answer on a fix. One person said they fixed it by re-locking and the unlocking their boot loader?idk why but I'll try anything at this point.

bmg1001

Mar 18, 2012
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Thanks man, I'll give it a shot. I found some people with the problem on google but no real straight forward answer on a fix. One person said they fixed it by re-locking and the unlocking their boot loader?idk why but I'll try anything at this point.

Hopefully it works out man! Either way, you'll eventually get it fixed.

Reactions: Ibkevin

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012

Flash stock recovery. Do a data wipe. It is safe to restore nandroid after. Doesn't make much sense, but it works.

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
If anyone has any info on a fix forhis, I can really use the help! I'm at a loss on this and pulling my hair out! My 32g Nexus 5 is reading as a 16g and I can NOT get it back to 32g!? I so far have completely un-rooted and returned to stock at least twice now and re-rooted as well. I've tried every which way of returning to stock and re-rooting possible. From manually flashing the stock image to using toolkits, to using Cyanogen's install app, and still after every return to stock, my storage still reads as a 16g !!!??? There has to be something I'm missing, idk? I've even tried going into stock recovery after flashing the stock firmware, n wiped cache n did a factory reset, still 16g! One area of recovery that I'm not too familiar with is mount/unmount. Idk if / anything I can do under mount that can help fix this? Being I'm not familiar with what anything does exactly. The other thing I have not tried is to wipe internal storage or format SD card, but if I wipe the SD card I'll have no Roms at all on the phone or stock images to reboot to, so how would I go about formatting the SD without bricking the phone, and would that even help? This is beyond frustrating and there's not too much I have found in searching for a solution. Any answers I have found as a fix, I have tried. Which was to manually flash the stock image. I did this, several times and still no luck. Please help! Anyone!!

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Flash the userdata.img and cache.img via fastboot and then perform a factory reset.

It should fix it.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Flash the userdata.img and cache.img via fastboot and then perform a factory reset.

It should fix it.

OK I'm willing to give anything a shot at this point. Where can I find those two files? And when I do flash them, do I need to flash the stock image again ? In other words, I should probably be complete stock un-rooted right? So basically the steps I wanna take after downloading those two files is to just unroot again by flashing the stock image thru fastboot again, but this time, also flash those two files, is that correct? Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna be sure I know what steps I'm taking this time and what order they should be done in.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
OK I'm willing to give anything a shot at this point. Where can I find those two files? And when I do flash them, do I need to flash the stock image again ? In other words, I should probably be complete stock un-rooted right? So basically the steps I wanna take after downloading those two files is to just unroot again by flashing the stock image thru fastboot again, but this time, also flash those two files, is that correct? Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna be sure I know what steps I'm taking this time and what order they should be done in.

Looks like you're not familiar with flashing factory images. Follow the link in my signature which says 'un-root your device, flash factory images'. You will get all the info, files and steps needed to flash the img files.

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Looks like you're not familiar with flashing factory images. Follow the link in my signature which says 'un-root your device, flash factory images'. You will get all the info, files and steps needed to flash the img files.

You're kind of right, I'm not super familiar with it. I have flashed the factory image to my nexus 5 already though, and just maybe two other phones ever. One being a note 3 which was in oden obviously, but this time I'm actually using an iMac. I downloaded the stock factory image, and the ADT bundle and I had what I think was everything that was needed? I have adb, fastboot, bootloader.IMG, radio.IMG , the stock image/firmware of course, and the flash-all.sh, and flash-base.sh. That all sound about right? Not sure if you're familiar with the iMac methods or not? They're really similar to windows though. But yes, I've unrooted twice back to stock by flashing the factory stock image using fastboot commands. The one time it was a flash-all.sh command like above, but the other article/video I followed had me enter all the commands one by one, but like you said, I'm not to familiar with all this. Even though I've done it a hand full of times with success, and I've tried reading up on it as much as I was able to, but I'm obviously missing something somewhere. Was I missing the two files u mentioned? Or did I do something wrong, idk? Everything succeeds and passes fine, but after flashing the factory image twice now ( I rooted originally, then flashed to stock, then rooted again when the storage didn't fix after going to stock recovery and wiping cache and doing a factory reset as well ), and still I'm showing 16g? Sorry for the long response's man. I really appreciate everyone and anyone who can help me and takes the time. Thank u.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
You're kind of right, I'm not super familiar with it. I have flashed the factory image to my nexus 5 already though, and just maybe two other phones ever. One being a note 3 which was in oden obviously, but this time I'm actually using an iMac. I downloaded the stock factory image, and the ADT bundle and I had what I think was everything that was needed? I have adb, fastboot, bootloader.IMG, radio.IMG , the stock image/firmware of course, and the flash-all.sh, and flash-base.sh. That all sound about right? Not sure if you're familiar with the iMac methods or not? They're really similar to windows though. But yes, I've unrooted twice back to stock by flashing the factory stock image using fastboot commands. The one time it was a flash-all.sh command like above, but the other article/video I followed had me enter all the commands one by one, but like you said, I'm not to familiar with all this. Even though I've done it a hand full of times with success, and I've tried reading up on it as much as I was able to, but I'm obviously missing something somewhere. Was I missing the two files u mentioned? Or did I do something wrong, idk? Everything succeeds and passes fine, but after flashing the factory image twice now ( I rooted originally, then flashed to stock, then rooted again when the storage didn't fix after going to stock recovery and wiping cache and doing a factory reset as well ), and still I'm showing 16g? Sorry for the long response's man. I really appreciate everyone and anyone who can help me and takes the time. Thank u.

You asked me where you could find those files (userdata and cache img) and since you didn't know about this, I assumed you didn't know how to flash these files as well. If you've flashed factory images manually before, you obviously must have come across these files. They are included the factory zip itself and can be extracted with a tool like winrar.

No, I haven't used fastboot on mac but the steps are are same. Flash these img files again via fastboot: system, boot, userdata, cache and recovery. After flashing these, head over to stock recovery and perform a factory reset. It should fix it.

I know you might have performed these steps earlier but somewhere in the middle you might have gone wrong so there's no harm in trying it again. Even after doing the above steps, if it still reads it as 16gb, try using the LG Flash tool.

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
You asked me where you could find those files (userdata and cache img) and since you didn't know about this, I assumed you didn't know how to flash these files as well. If you've flashed factory images manually before, you obviously must have come across these files. They are included the factory zip itself and can be extracted with a tool like winrar.

No, I haven't used fastboot on mac but the steps are are same. Flash these img files again via fastboot: system, boot, userdata, cache and recovery. After flashing these, head over to stock recovery and perform a factory reset. It should fix it.

I know you might have performed these steps earlier but somewhere in the middle you might have gone wrong so there's no harm in trying it again. Even after doing the above steps, if it still reads it as 16gb, try using the LG Flash tool.

OK I'll give it a shot again today and report back. Yeah they are the steps I performed already but like ya said, it won't hurt to try again. I haven't tried the LG flash tool though. What's that? Is it just like LG's version of a toolkit or something?

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
OK I'll give it a shot again today and report back. Yeah they are the steps I performed already but like ya said, it won't hurt to try again. I haven't tried the LG flash tool though. What's that? Is it just like LG's version of a toolkit or something?

Yeah, kind off. It doesn't flash the same files though. If fastboot doesn't help, try it!

Link: http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/tutorial-how-to-flash-factory-images-lg-t2713833

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
I'm still stuck showing as a 16g instead of a 32g!!! I haven't tried the LG Flash tool yet, because I can't seem to find out whether or not it can be run on an iMac? I have re-flashed the factory image again though using adb fastboot on Mac, but once again, after flashing the factory image and returning to stock, I went into stock recovery, wiped cache, did factory reset, and still it reads wrong!! Wtf!!!???? I can NOT fix this!!! It's literally driving me nuts! LG flash tool seems to be my only hope cause obviously I can flash the factory image till I'm blue in the face on my iMac and it still does nothing but give me an incorrect reading on my storage, and when I google search "can LG flash tool be used on a Mac" , I get nothing saying whether it can or not!? Please anyone with any advice that may help me, I'm all ears. I just wanna be able to use my phone already and put my apps n customization back on my phone. Just want my 32gigs back already ?

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
It's a windows executable.

That's what I figured but thanks for confirming. I guess I'm gonna have to see if I can get a friend to bring their PC by and try on that because for whatever reason its just not going back to 32gb flashing the factory image on my iMac.

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
So I was able to get my hands on a windows PC and I flashed the factory image thru adb/fastboot, and I'm still showing as a 16g!? I can't believe I can't get this phone back to a 32g! I have no clue what I did to this phone to get it stuck at 16g even after several factory resets and image flashes!? I'm going g to try LG Flash tool now that I have a windows PC. It seems to be my last hope really.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
So I was able to get my hands on a windows PC and I flashed the factory image thru adb/fastboot, and I'm still showing as a 16g!? I can't believe I can't get this phone back to a 32g! I have no clue what I did to this phone to get it stuck at 16g even after several factory resets and image flashes!? I'm going g to try LG Flash tool now that I have a windows PC. It seems to be my last hope really.

Have you tried to flash the cache.img in fastboot? Worth a try, then factory reset in the stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Have you tried to flash the cache.img in fastboot? Worth a try, then factory reset in the stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah I actually flashed the cache.img just this last flash. I'm going try again in fastboot then to lg flash tool I guess. Idk why its not working but its becoming super frustrating that's for sure. Thank you though, I appreciate any and all advice or suggestions.

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
I read somewhere that using twrp recovery, go to wipe/format data, and that would fix my issue and show 32g again instead of 16g. Anyone know if this is true? Or worth a shot? If I format data won't that also wipe away everything except my twrp recovery? Then I'd have no OS installed correct?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This has happened to me before, the way I fixed it was reflashing the stock factory rom. You still have 32gb, it's just being reported wrong.

Hopefully it works out man! Either way, you'll eventually get it fixed.
    I actually haven't gone thru with LG Flash tool because I was reading in a LG Flash tool thread on XDA that the TOT files that you need, actually do come in 16g and 32g versions and there are only certain firmware versions available on XDA because the only way to get new firmware/the one I need, is to get it from someone who works for LG directly. All the available tot files on XDA or on Google, are all 16g. So there's really no way I can use LG Flash tool without having the correct TOT firmware, which seems to be unavailable.

There tot file for the 32GB version of D820 as well. Check the converted folder when you try to download the tot file. I converted the D821 32gb tot file to D820 tot file by simply change the D821 text to D820 in the header of tot file. It was tested and it is working.