XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Could use some help here :)

Tip us?

Landara
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140
Default Could use some help here :)

Ok so I do own a Nexus 5, but this thread is about a tablet, not my phone. However the tablet I am talking about has no forum of it's own, so hopefully some kind soul will be able to help me out. So, to the business at hand:

For my daughters birthday I bought her an Arch™ Metallic Mini-Studio cheap from Amazon. She's turning 4, so I didn't want to go all out on a Nexus 7 like mine for her. There's every reason to believe she will break it soon It's surprisingly a very good tablet in some ways, but there are a couple of issues, both WiFi related. It should be noted at this point that the device arrived PRE-ROOTED. I was shocked, but it's lucky for me because I have no idea how to root a device with no Dev support at all.

Issue number 1: SLOW WiFi. I mean really slow. It makes no sense every other device is fine on my WiFi this one is crazy slow. I have no idea whatsoever on how to fix it.

Issue number 2: When the screen turns off, so does the WiFi. This is also strange and I got no idea how to address this issue.

There are a few other minor things I notice, but they can be ignored and I chock them up to it being an El-cheapo Chinese tablet. These two are terrible though.

I will go ahead and say though for any of you with kids, this thing is GREAT for $100 even if my device isn't malfunctioning. As long as your kid doesn't need fast WiFi. it's nice. I love that it has an SD card slot and HDMI out, making it perfect for storing lots of My Little Pony and playing them to my TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Dell Venue Pro 8 | Windows 8.1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: LG Nexus 5 16gb Black | CARRIER: Aio Wireless | ROM: Cataclysm | KERNEL: Trinity for Nexus 5, by Lord Morfic.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7403
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? Unfortunately we don't know about other devices here. Its a developers forum. Best bet is to get info directly from the horses mouth or Google for a help forum.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.