Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help, Unable to flash kernel

Tip us?

ranarn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Service Help, Unable to flash kernel

Hi,

I have a issue that im not used to... i recently got a Nexus 5, and first thing i did was to unlock, root and install aokp rom(nightly)

Then i wanted to install Franco Kernel, using Francos own app to try flash... the device reboots, and are stuck on the google logo.
Have no other choice to enter fastboot mode, and reflash rom(to have it overwrite the kernel), and it starts up again.

Then tried to download kernel zip and flash it in TWRP instead, but with the same result. Also tried changeing to CWM but it doesnt work with encrypted devices.

I have always used AOKP + Franco Kernel on my older devices, but now it seems impossible.

I dont know why it doesnt work, but i have some ideas, and hope someone can put me in the right direction.

1. My device is encrypted and that makes it fail.
2. AOKP lastest nightly rom is not compatible with Franco Kernel or vice versa.
3. Something is broken...

Regards
Ranarn

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20642
aokp is cm based(CAF) i believe, which would make it incompatible with any aosp kernels.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ranarn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
aokp is cm based(CAF) i believe, which would make it incompatible with any aosp kernels.
Ah that makes sense, but i guess something have changed then, since i have AOKP + Franco running on 2 older devices.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20642
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranarn View Post
Ah that makes sense, but i guess something have changed then, since i have AOKP + Franco running on 2 older devices.
yea, just last week cm source went back to CAF.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
I know chaos kernel is CAF supported, I would give that a shot. I am still running 9.1 and it works the way I want it to for me (before they went CAF).
The Following User Says Thank You to mistahseller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ranarn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
I know chaos kernel is CAF supported, I would give that a shot. I am still running 9.1 and it works the way I want it to for me (before they went CAF).
Ah thanks alot for the answers... not i know what kernels i can look for...