FORUMS

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sprint Reacts To Jab From T-Mobile

America’s cellular network space has always been a battle of the big four: Verizon, AT&T, … more

Help, Unable to flash kernel

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

I have a issue that im not used to... i recently got a Nexus 5, and first thing i did was to unlock, root and install aokp rom(nightly)

Then i wanted to install Franco Kernel, using Francos own app to try flash... the device reboots, and are stuck on the google logo.
Have no other choice to enter fastboot mode, and reflash rom(to have it overwrite the kernel), and it starts up again.

Then tried to download kernel zip and flash it in TWRP instead, but with the same result. Also tried changeing to CWM but it doesnt work with encrypted devices.

I have always used AOKP + Franco Kernel on my older devices, but now it seems impossible.

I dont know why it doesnt work, but i have some ideas, and hope someone can put me in the right direction.

1. My device is encrypted and that makes it fail.
2. AOKP lastest nightly rom is not compatible with Franco Kernel or vice versa.
3. Something is broken...

Regards
Ranarn

10th February 2014, 07:44 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,666

More
aokp is cm based(CAF) i believe, which would make it incompatible with any aosp kernels.
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 07:59 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Stockholm

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

aokp is cm based(CAF) i believe, which would make it incompatible with any aosp kernels.

Ah that makes sense, but i guess something have changed then, since i have AOKP + Franco running on 2 older devices.
10th February 2014, 08:01 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,666

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranarn

Ah that makes sense, but i guess something have changed then, since i have AOKP + Franco running on 2 older devices.

yea, just last week cm source went back to CAF.
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 08:03 PM |#5  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 204

More
I know chaos kernel is CAF supported, I would give that a shot. I am still running 9.1 and it works the way I want it to for me (before they went CAF).
The Following User Says Thank You to mistahseller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 08:34 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Stockholm

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller

I know chaos kernel is CAF supported, I would give that a shot. I am still running 9.1 and it works the way I want it to for me (before they went CAF).

Ah thanks alot for the answers... not i know what kernels i can look for...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread