Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help needed in understanding this issue about tickers

Tip us?

psp9000333
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default help needed in understanding this issue about tickers

seriously, I really can't get over the fact that tickers don't show in full screen/expanded desktop mode. I mean, like if you're watching a video, and you get a notification, and it's on silent and there's no notification LED, it would make sense if the statusbar shows up and displays current ticker, wouldn't it? even if you get the vibration and LED? so you know what notification you got? yeah sure you can get an app, since there is "always an app for that", but I would think its fair to say that it should be implemented into stock android. so my question is: why isn't that implemented into current stock android?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Google Nexus 5 (hammerhead) Black, 32GB
ROM: Paranoid Saberdroid
Kernel: Code Blue

Nexus 7 (2013) (flo) Black, 32GB
ROM: Paranoid Saberdroid
Kernel: Franco Kernel

MultiROM

Lokke9191
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Stock android is meant to be basic. And Android is so great because if you want a feature there is almost always a way to implement it, via a mod or app. See for me I would hate it if a scrolling ticker popped up when a notification came in if I was watching a video. That would drive me nuts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokke9191 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thom_bjork
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Pa's hover is similar to this and CM has just uncovered a feature like this in aosp code. That's beside the apps available. There are plenty of options already and likely a stock one upcoming. I'd suggest a bit of patience or using one of various ways available to add this feature. There are a lot of things that 'should be in stock android'. Everyone has their opinion. Luckily yours may be added.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Data
Using Tapatalk