Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Question root nexus 5 without pc

OP saikat_ace

9th June 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #1  
saikat_ace's Avatar
OP Member
india
Thanks Meter: 10
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
is there any way to root n5 without connecting to a pc?
9th June 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #2  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,491
 
26,797 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by saikat_ace

is there any way to root n5 without connecting to a pc?

no. you need the computer for two things.. to unlock the bootloader, and to flash a custom recovery.
9th June 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
A PC with no AntiVirus would also be preferable. Or a PC with an AntiVirus that can be disabled temporarily. IE: not at school or at a library or work.
9th June 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by basik17

A PC with no AntiVirus would also be preferable. Or a PC with an AntiVirus that can be disabled temporarily. IE: not at school or at a library or work.

What?
The Following User Says Thank You to sahil04 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil04

What?

I was just saying that, If the OP decides to find a PC, to make sure to find a PC that either has, no AntiVirus software installed, or a PC with AntiVirus that can be disabled. Often, school, work, and library PC's wont allow you to disable to AntiVirus. AV software can interfere with rooting tools, especially tool kits.

Just my experience.
9th June 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #6  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,491
 
26,797 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by basik17

I was just saying that, If the OP decides to find a PC, to make sure to find a PC that either has, no AntiVirus software installed, or a PC with AntiVirus that can be disabled. Often, school, work, and library PC's wont allow you to disable to AntiVirus. AV software can interfere with rooting tools, especially tool kits.

Just my experience.

thing is, its much faster without any toolkits. plus the op wont learn anything at all if he uses a root toolkit. so when he needs some basic stuff done to the phone, he wont know how. and many times when people that dont really know much but use root toolkits, they get stuck at basic maintenance, and many times they think they bricked their phones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,088
 
2,878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

thing is, its much faster without any toolkits. plus the op wont learn anything at all if he uses a root toolkit. so when he needs some basic stuff done to the phone, he wont know how. and many times when people that dont really know much but use root toolkits, they get stuck at basic maintenance, and many times they think they bricked their phones.

this. 1mil times this.
9th June 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #8  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,458
 
24,549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepius

this. 1mil times this.

1mil+8

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes