Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 41,482 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

root nexus 5 without pc

Tip us?

saikat_ace
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Question root nexus 5 without pc

is there any way to root n5 without connecting to a pc?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
Phone: Google Nexus 5
Rom: stock 4.4.3
Kernel: Stock
Recovery:stock

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by saikat_ace View Post
is there any way to root n5 without connecting to a pc?
no. you need the computer for two things.. to unlock the bootloader, and to flash a custom recovery.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

basik17
Old
Thanks Meter 2
A PC with no AntiVirus would also be preferable. Or a PC with an AntiVirus that can be disabled temporarily. IE: not at school or at a library or work.

sahil04
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by basik17 View Post
A PC with no AntiVirus would also be preferable. Or a PC with an AntiVirus that can be disabled temporarily. IE: not at school or at a library or work.
What?
The Following User Says Thank You to sahil04 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

basik17
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil04 View Post
What?
I was just saying that, If the OP decides to find a PC, to make sure to find a PC that either has, no AntiVirus software installed, or a PC with AntiVirus that can be disabled. Often, school, work, and library PC's wont allow you to disable to AntiVirus. AV software can interfere with rooting tools, especially tool kits.

Just my experience.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by basik17 View Post
I was just saying that, If the OP decides to find a PC, to make sure to find a PC that either has, no AntiVirus software installed, or a PC with AntiVirus that can be disabled. Often, school, work, and library PC's wont allow you to disable to AntiVirus. AV software can interfere with rooting tools, especially tool kits.

Just my experience.
thing is, its much faster without any toolkits. plus the op wont learn anything at all if he uses a root toolkit. so when he needs some basic stuff done to the phone, he wont know how. and many times when people that dont really know much but use root toolkits, they get stuck at basic maintenance, and many times they think they bricked their phones.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zepius
Old
Thanks Meter 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
thing is, its much faster without any toolkits. plus the op wont learn anything at all if he uses a root toolkit. so when he needs some basic stuff done to the phone, he wont know how. and many times when people that dont really know much but use root toolkits, they get stuck at basic maintenance, and many times they think they bricked their phones.
this. 1mil times this.
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepius View Post
this. 1mil times this.
1mil+8

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]