Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Home Screen Issues?

Tip us?

TimeRunz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Home Screen Issues?

So sometime last week, 2 of my 4 home screens just mysteriously disappeared out of thin air. Like they just disappeared, thinking it was just a minor glitch, rebooted numerous times to no avail. Ended up just manually re-setting up the 2 other home screens I had. No problemo.

However, today, after installing some new apps, I noticed that my N5 was no longer automatically adding app shortcuts to the home screen.

Has anyone else faced this issue before? My N7 (2013), with the same setup, is perfectly fine surprisingly.

Charlular
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeRunz View Post
So sometime last week, 2 of my 4 home screens just mysteriously disappeared out of thin air. Like they just disappeared, thinking it was just a minor glitch, rebooted numerous times to no avail. Ended up just manually re-setting up the 2 other home screens I had. No problemo.

However, today, after installing some new apps, I noticed that my N5 was no longer automatically adding app shortcuts to the home screen.

Has anyone else faced this issue before? My N7 (2013), with the same setup, is perfectly fine surprisingly.
I think there was an update recently which changed the grid size of the Google Now Launcher, maybe that was the cause of the loss of other screens but I'm just speculating. Have you made sure that the setting is set in the Play Store options to have applications automatically added to your launcher when you download them btw?

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeRunz View Post

adding app shortcuts to the homescreen is an option in the play store settings
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!