Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 36,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] hotspot problems

Tip us?

bindu4t5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] hotspot problems

i have a nexus 5.
currently running cyanogenmod cm-11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-hammerhead
my hotspot doesnt work. like my laptop will connect but my phone doesnt send any data to my laptop. my hotspot used to work when i was on stock andriod but on cm it doesnt work. i have tried using my hotspot with other devices but same results they connect to the hotspot but cannot use the internet. does anyone have a solution to this other than just going back to stock and does anyone else have this problem?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by bindu4t5 View Post
i have a nexus 5.
currently running cyanogenmod cm-11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-hammerhead
my hotspot doesnt work. like my laptop will connect but my phone doesnt send any data to my laptop. my hotspot used to work when i was on stock andriod but on cm it doesnt work. i have tried using my hotspot with other devices but same results they connect to the hotspot but cannot use the internet. does anyone have a solution to this other than just going back to stock and does anyone else have this problem?
You could flash a AOSP based custom rom (many good ones around) and try if that works better, make a nandroid backup of the CM rom so you can revert to it if you want.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
Unofficial elelinux CM 11.0 (4.4.4) stock kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]