5,605,519 Members 46,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How can you keep a blank/empty home screen?

Tip us?

busywaffles
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Database [Q] How can you keep a blank/empty home screen?

I want to keep the home screen to the immediate right of Google Now completely empty to better see my glorious wallpapers, but I can't figure out how to keep that empty home screens from getting deleted.

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1379
Use a different launcher?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HughesNet
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by busywaffles View Post
I want to keep the home screen to the immediate right of Google Now completely empty to better see my glorious wallpapers, but I can't figure out how to keep that empty home screens from getting deleted.
You can't have that particular screen be empty without it being your only screen on GEL. You will need to use a different launcher if that is your goal.
The Following User Says Thank You to HughesNet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

erniev
Old
Thanks Meter 17
How about using desktop visualizer, choosing a random app, and using a blank image. It won't be empty, but it'll look empty.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to erniev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

erniev
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by busywaffles View Post
You can see my blank desktop visualizer here, it does absolutely nothing when clicked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1386185129505.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	2433189  
The Following User Says Thank You to erniev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]