Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,300 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How Can I Buy A Nexus 5 If It's Not Available In My Country?

Tip us?

AmmVid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] How Can I Buy A Nexus 5 If It's Not Available In My Country?

HI N5 community!
So I want to get one of these since my S4 is broken and pretty much done for. Now I just have one issue.
My dad is willing to buy the Nexus 5, but he lives in Oman and I live in Canada. So I tried sending him the link for the Nexus 5 on the Google Play Store, but it said it was not available in his country. He is just paying for it, and it will be sent to Canada which I'm sure Google has available in. Can anyone help me? He is paying by credit card if that helps and he wants to buy it but the site won't let him. Does anyone know ways to maybe trick Google into thinking he's in Canada so he can purchase it, or maybe even an alternative site to buy a 32GB Black Nexus 5? Thanks all!

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1386

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmVid View Post
HI N5 community!
So I want to get one of these since my S4 is broken and pretty much done for. Now I just have one issue.
My dad is willing to buy the Nexus 5, but he lives in Oman and I live in Canada. So I tried sending him the link for the Nexus 5 on the Google Play Store, but it said it was not available in his country. He is just paying for it, and it will be sent to Canada which I'm sure Google has available in. Can anyone help me? He is paying by credit card if that helps and he wants to buy it but the site won't let him. Does anyone know ways to maybe trick Google into thinking he's in Canada so he can purchase it, or maybe even an alternative site to buy a 32GB Black Nexus 5? Thanks all!
Ask him to give you the credit card information then you order it - or alternatively he could try proxy browsing on a .ca proxy if he knows enough about PC's to set it up (and if Google can be fooled by this method)
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AmmVid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Ask him to give you the credit card information then you order it - or alternatively he could try proxy browsing on a .ca proxy if he knows enough about PC's to set it up (and if Google can be fooled by this method)
Well I don't think he wants to give the information over the internet, so that is a definite no-no. Do you know any proxy's that might work? Thanks for the reply!!

radicalisto
Old
(Last edited by radicalisto; 25th March 2014 at 02:44 AM.) Reason: double derp
Thanks Meter 1386

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well I don't think he wants to give the information over the internet, so that is a definite no-no. Do you know any proxy's that might work? Thanks for the reply!!
Well you can ask him to stagger the information in various ways, one section by Email another by Text and rest by call etc -

Not to up to date with proxy stuff recently so not sure I'm afraid
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samersh72
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6829
Quote:
N5 is available in Oman in many mobile shops (out of google play store)
Google Nexus 5: N5 Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S4 I9500/I9505: Unroot, flash official stock
Galaxy S5 G900: EFS Backup / Post your PIT file.
Galaxy Nexus I9250: Gnex Tips & Tricks ////// Odin/Back to stock 4.3 / 4.2.2
Galaxy SIII Mini I8190: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Young S5360: Young Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S2 Plus I9105/P: Unroot, Flash official stock
Sony Experia SP C5303 // Sony Experia L C2105

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 361
@AmmVid, it might make sense for you yourself to purchase the phone in Canada either from a store or online. It is not because a phone bought in Oman won't work in Canada, but, rather, because it will be easier to obtain a warranty and, if need be, to have the device serviced or replaced. The funds easily could be sent to you by your father using PayPal.

ONEPLUS ONE STOCK CM11S TWRP
NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

bushako
Old
Thanks Meter 266
Use hotspot shield app, it worked for me and I could access the nexus 5 page on the play store from UAE where it isn't available officially.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 32GB, Mahdi Rom 2.5, Franco Kernel and FKU.