Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How can I disable all vibrations?

Tip us?

Mirk0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How can I disable all vibrations?

I hate every vibration. Some apps use the vibration as haptic feedback or they give me notification with vibration even if it's disabled from settings. Is there a simple way to disable EVERY vibration? For example an app (obviously with root permissions) or an Xposed Module. An 'extreme' solution would be to operate at kernel level or to physically disconnect the vibration motor!
Thank you in advance, I've got a rooted Nexus 5 running stock Android 4.4.3 and Franco kernel.
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1848

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirk0 View Post
I hate every vibration. Some apps use the vibration as haptic feedback or they give me notification with vibration even if it's disabled from settings. Is there a simple way to disable EVERY vibration? For example an app (obviously with root permissions) or an Xposed Module. An 'extreme' solution would be to operate at kernel level or to physically disconnect the vibration motor!
Thank you in advance, I've got a rooted Nexus 5 running stock Android 4.4.3 and Franco kernel.
Franco kernel has a feature to adjust the vibration level. Use 0 and vibrations will disappear I think.
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionTWRP themes 720p & 1080pDark XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | Mahdi | Uber fan of Uber kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mirk0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn View Post
Franco kernel has a feature to adjust the vibration level. Use 0 and vibrations will disappear I think.
Thank you, do you know how I can perform this?

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1848

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank you, do you know how I can perform this?
Download FKU app from Google Play. There's a built in option.
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionTWRP themes 720p & 1080pDark XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | Mahdi | Uber fan of Uber kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

efabri
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Root your phone (if not done yet) -> flash franco kernel-> install francokernel updater from the playstore -> set vibrations amp to 0 (in Kernel Settings). Done!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to efabri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mirk0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you guys! I'm new with this kernel and I didn't know the premium version of franco.kernel updater is full of features! I happily bought this app to thank Franco for his work and now... nothing vibrates!

jamel_tza
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Thank you guys! I'm new with this kernel and I didn't know the premium version of franco.kernel updater is full of features! I happily bought this app to thank Franco for his work and now... nothing vibrates!

Why not just disable vibration through settings. Much simpler. Nothing against FKU, as I have it, but it seems like overkill.

Mirk0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamel_tza View Post
Why not just disable vibration through settings. Much simpler. Nothing against FKU, as I have it, but it seems like overkill.
I've always kept vibration disabled in the Android settings, but some apps keep sending me notification with vibration and these apps don't let me customize their notification type (sound and vibrate). Other apps use vibration as their own haptic feedback. All these vibrations don't depend by Android system (and so by Android settings).
For example, Hangouts vibrates, but it has an option to deactivate that behaviour. Clash of Clans keeps vibrating on notifications. A lot of launchers vibrate when moving some elements. I just don't want that feature at all!

jamel_tza
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
I've always kept vibration disabled in the Android settings, but some apps keep sending me notification with vibration and these apps don't let me customize their notification type (sound and vibrate). Other apps use vibration as their own haptic feedback. All these vibrations don't depend by Android system (and so by Android settings).
For example, Hangouts vibrates, but it has an option to deactivate that behaviour. Clash of Clans keeps vibrating on notifications. A lot of launchers vibrate when moving some elements. I just don't want that feature at all!
Well in that case I completely understand! That sounds insanely annoying.