Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How can I disable all vibrations?

OP Mirk0

16th June 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #1  
Mirk0's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Modena
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
I hate every vibration. Some apps use the vibration as haptic feedback or they give me notification with vibration even if it's disabled from settings. Is there a simple way to disable EVERY vibration? For example an app (obviously with root permissions) or an Xposed Module. An 'extreme' solution would be to operate at kernel level or to physically disconnect the vibration motor!
Thank you in advance, I've got a rooted Nexus 5 running stock Android 4.4.3 and Franco kernel.
16th June 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #2  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,804
 
4,968 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirk0

I hate every vibration. Some apps use the vibration as haptic feedback or they give me notification with vibration even if it's disabled from settings. Is there a simple way to disable EVERY vibration? For example an app (obviously with root permissions) or an Xposed Module. An 'extreme' solution would be to operate at kernel level or to physically disconnect the vibration motor!
Thank you in advance, I've got a rooted Nexus 5 running stock Android 4.4.3 and Franco kernel.

Franco kernel has a feature to adjust the vibration level. Use 0 and vibrations will disappear I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #3  
Mirk0's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Modena
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

Franco kernel has a feature to adjust the vibration level. Use 0 and vibrations will disappear I think.

Thank you, do you know how I can perform this?
16th June 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #4  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,804
 
4,968 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirk0

Thank you, do you know how I can perform this?

Download FKU app from Google Play. There's a built in option.
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Zurich
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Root your phone (if not done yet) -> flash franco kernel-> install francokernel updater from the playstore -> set vibrations amp to 0 (in Kernel Settings). Done!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to efabri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #6  
Mirk0's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Modena
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Thank you guys! I'm new with this kernel and I didn't know the premium version of franco.kernel updater is full of features! I happily bought this app to thank Franco for his work and now... nothing vibrates!
16th June 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 46
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirk0

Thank you guys! I'm new with this kernel and I didn't know the premium version of franco.kernel updater is full of features! I happily bought this app to thank Franco for his work and now... nothing vibrates!


Why not just disable vibration through settings. Much simpler. Nothing against FKU, as I have it, but it seems like overkill.
16th June 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #8  
Mirk0's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Modena
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamel_tza

Why not just disable vibration through settings. Much simpler. Nothing against FKU, as I have it, but it seems like overkill.

I've always kept vibration disabled in the Android settings, but some apps keep sending me notification with vibration and these apps don't let me customize their notification type (sound and vibrate). Other apps use vibration as their own haptic feedback. All these vibrations don't depend by Android system (and so by Android settings).
For example, Hangouts vibrates, but it has an option to deactivate that behaviour. Clash of Clans keeps vibrating on notifications. A lot of launchers vibrate when moving some elements. I just don't want that feature at all!
16th June 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 46
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirk0

I've always kept vibration disabled in the Android settings, but some apps keep sending me notification with vibration and these apps don't let me customize their notification type (sound and vibrate). Other apps use vibration as their own haptic feedback. All these vibrations don't depend by Android system (and so by Android settings).
For example, Hangouts vibrates, but it has an option to deactivate that behaviour. Clash of Clans keeps vibrating on notifications. A lot of launchers vibrate when moving some elements. I just don't want that feature at all!

Well in that case I completely understand! That sounds insanely annoying.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes