XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How is the GPS on the Nexus 5??

Tip us?

prophet of doom
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default How is the GPS on the Nexus 5??

Right now I have a note 3 and I use GPS daily the problem is it sucks on my note 3. It will lock on for a while then just stop mid route. So how is it on the nexus any heavy GPS users in here??
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

95Z28
Old
Thanks Meter 235
I've read some complaints about the GPS on the N5, but every time I've used it it has locked on extremely fast and never lost signal. It's the first phone I've had with a consistently good GPS, I've had other phones that locked on quick sometimes and other times could take up to several minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

hollisnh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
My N5 GPS is wonderful. I get 10ft accuracy all the time, very similar to former galaxy S3. I had a crappy experience with Optimus G Pro which never had accuracy better then 33ft and would take 30-1min to lock in the GPS. the N5 GPS locks in immediately and has worked great even in Boston around tall buildings.

jzsax1
Old
(Last edited by jzsax1; 14th February 2014 at 07:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Z28 View Post
I've read some complaints about the GPS on the N5, but every time I've used it it has locked on extremely fast and never lost signal. It's the first phone I've had with a consistently good GPS, I've had other phones that locked on quick sometimes and other times could take up to several minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium
I have had 2 Nexus 5's already... and although they do lock extremely fast, they drop their lock at random... both phone displayed this behavior. i am a heavy Wazer and CAMSAM user...

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2560
Dead on for me (6 ft), also when driving i don`t loose my position.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue