Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 39,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how can I install paranoidandroid?

Tip us?
 
iamsuper123
Old
#11  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 197
Posts: 287
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuMMoD View Post
Do this and avoid posting questions in the general forum.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
What section is correct for posting about questions like this ? I was gonna post this question to "Development" section but then it said, this section is not correct for questions.
 
rootSU
Old
#12  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10,854
Posts: 22,014
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuper123 View Post
What section is correct for posting about questions like this ? I was gonna post this question to "Development" section but then it said, this section is not correct for questions.
All questions go on q&a... Unless:

It's a question about themes and apps
It's a question about accessories

These go in the themes and apps section or the accessories section.

All other questions go in q&a.

The following places are not for questions
general
Development
Original development

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!



Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Pirateghost
Old
#13  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6,865
Posts: 10,425
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuper123 View Post
How I will know if paranoidandroid is pre-rooted or not ? according to the steps here in xda, I have to make sure, ROM is pre-rooted ?

This is what I am downloading: http://download.paranoidandroid.co/roms/hammerhead/
Well. It honestly doesn't matter if a ROM is rooted. You don't need root for a ROM. Period. All you need is recovery installed with an unlocked bootloader.


FYI its definitely rooted, but you need to read up on what root actually means.

Sent from my Nexus 5
 
abra5umente
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 164
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Shepparton
You should probably listen to Pirateghost. He knows his stuff.

Sent from my Paranoid, ARTified and Francoed Nexus 5 via XDA Premium
 
Nucleonic
Old
#15  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jan 2012
I currently have CWM 6.0.4.5 installed. I have no problem downloading OTA updates from PA. However, when I go to install, I get a script error message regarding having the latest ROM manager update, and using CWM or TWRP.

Question (1): Should I switch to TWRP to eliminate this error message and re-enable OTA updates for PA?

Question (2): Can we start a Q&A thread for PA so that questions like this can be put in one place?
 
Pirateghost
Old
#16  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6,865
Posts: 10,425
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleonic View Post
I currently have CWM 6.0.4.5 installed. I have no problem downloading OTA updates from PA. However, when I go to install, I get a script error message regarding having the latest ROM manager update, and using CWM or TWRP.

Question (1): Should I switch to TWRP to eliminate this error message and re-enable OTA updates for PA?

Question (2): Can we start a Q&A thread for PA so that questions like this can be put in one place?
1) It has been stated numerous times in various locations that the OTA 'WILL NOT' work with CWM. CWM uses closed source recovery script methods. You need either A) TWRP or B) a CWM-based recovery (PHiLz comes to mind)

2) There already are threads dedicated to the rom in each device section for per-device issues (impossible for most users to understand difference between an issue that is device-specific (sensors are crap on Nexus 4, for example))
 
Nucleonic
Old
#17  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jan 2012
Thanks for the reply! For those of us under the minimum number of posts, where can we post ROM-specific questions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Pirateghost
Old
#18  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6,865
Posts: 10,425
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleonic View Post
Thanks for the reply! For those of us under the minimum number of posts, where can we post ROM-specific questions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
just start contributing to XDA to get your posts. Aside from that some of the devices actually have a dedicated Q&A thread. Don't know if the Nexus 5 has one, I haven't seen it.

You could just use this forum section to ask your questions. If you see an actual reproducible bug with the ROM, we ask that you use the bug tracker to report it. https://paranoidandroid.atlassian.net

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes