Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How much would you ask for your nexus?

Tip us?

Paddington
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by timzentu View Post
I would see what they are going for on Swappa.Com (list it, it is free and their fee of $10 is added to what you ask), ask for more than that on Craigslist, and Ebay will get you more, but have higher fees.

Sent from my Nexus 5
This. Swappa is a great resource to see what phones are selling for.

I use Swappa for almost all of my tech buys and sells. It is free to list and $10 for a sell (paid for by the buyer, so if you list for $200, the buyer sees the price as $210). So you just pay shipping (and technically $10 since you lost out on buyer's $10 to Swappa). eBay takes like 10% + shipping. I always forget this until I get my eBay invoice and realize I took huge losses when I thought I broke even. I sell a $300 tablet, I end up with like $245 after eBay fees, shipping, and PayPal fees. Craigslist is good if you're in a city, but it is terrible for rural areas. Sometimes I find good deals on there, but when I'm selling, no one wants to pay me asking price.
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)

mustang5.0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks fellas. The phones are mint.
And you were spot on when you said people kept asking for a cheaper price.
But to be honest I just sold them for what I owed to t-mobile, as I just wanted out of their
Financing because I has a bad experience on their network lol.
But they just finally sold about an hour ago. He called himself a "phone geek" so I'm sure he knew what a deal it was!!

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9814
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Just check your local classifieds and see what they are selling for. And device from there. Low to sell fast, high if you're in no rush.

That's definitely the best way to sell anything.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
This. I always watch them on eBay. What sells, what doesn't etc

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

joannn
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 13
Default Nexus Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang5.0 View Post
First off I'm not trying to advertise but I'm going to sell my two black 16gb devices.
So out of curiosity what would you ask for or
What would you pay for one? Something fair obviously under googles price tag.
Assuming they are mint condition lol
I would suggest you to go through the online selling rates on E bay or Amazon , do a research on the maximum selling price. You would get to know the current rates I am very sure.

Woody
Old
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Thanks Meter 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang5.0 View Post
Thanks fellas. The phones are mint.
And you were spot on when you said people kept asking for a cheaper price.
But to be honest I just sold them for what I owed to t-mobile, as I just wanted out of their
Financing because I has a bad experience on their network lol.
But they just finally sold about an hour ago. He called himself a "phone geek" so I'm sure he knew what a deal it was!!
Phones were sold about 14 hours ago.

While this didn't "specifically" break any rules with regards to selling on the site, it was very, very close. Even so much as listing the price at an almost invitation for PMs about it type of nature.

Regardless, the phones are sold, Thread Closed.
<a href=http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif</a>
ZFFZ

I GPL I

"The work of men of genius, however wrongly directed, hardly ever fails to open the eyes of men to new possibilities."
- Dr. Victor Frankenstein (Mary Shelley)
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe