How do I push a cwm backup to my device

Search This thread

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
So did a factory reset on my nexus then reinstalled 4.4.2 then cwm then root. Now I want to copy my old cwm backup that is on my computer to my phone.... how would I do this?

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
It should be.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Try this from a cmd window

adb push your file /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup

pretty sure it should be something closer to /mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backup
about to try this in a sec... just surprised there is not an easier way to get it on there since it was so easy to get it off

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You could just use airdroid and transfer it wirelessly. I had a problem on my old phone where cwm backups will generate corrupted md5 sums if I used a USB cable. Airdroid fixed that issue for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
Can't access that location with airdroid as far as I know. It's a root location that is hidden.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
So use airdroid to move it to SD card. Then use root explorer or some other file explorer with root permissions to move it where you need to be. BTW ..my twrp backups are stored on my SD card.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
After this experience with cwm I am trying out twrp. Too much hassle.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Cwm still doesnt use /data/media/0 for sdcard. It uses /data/media which is a 4.1 location.

I explain it all in my thread here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2534010

[ info] Storage: Nexus 5 Data (info / loss / recovery / prevention)

You can adb push to data media but its a ball ache. This is one if the reasons I like philz recovery. Its cwm based but implementing all the missing features and fixes that cwm should have.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

Reactions: rans0m00 and adrman

stremax

Oct 14, 2011
vasto
Had some issue time ago, find two way, both with CWM
Renamed the .zip in .jpg (i know it's not safe but it works)
Then plug phone and moved file from PC to sdcard/DCIM then with root explorer or other file manager rename in .zip, moved to /sdcard, reboot to recovery and choose install zip from /sdcard from CWM recovery
Other was similar but used airdroid to send file to /sdcard
Never got an issue with both of this method

sparato dritto dritto sul web dal mio N5
shoot right on the web from my N5

adrman

Jul 17, 2012
NYC
Cwm still doesnt use /data/media/0 for sdcard. It uses /data/media which is a 4.1 location.

rootSU, I'm not sure how I missed seeing that thread before, but thanks. I've marked it for future reference because I know at some point, it's going to come in handy. btw, another vote for Philz here.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
rootSU, I'm not sure how I missed seeing that thread before, but thanks. I've marked it for future reference because I know at some point, it's going to come in handy. btw, another vote for Philz here.

Yeah, its because it's not a sticky. I asked for it to be sticky but at the same time, I asked to have a "sticky roll-up thread" to replace all the stickies and have "sticky worthy" threads linked within it... and with that, the original request got lost

rans0m00

Oct 11, 2012
So wondering we have two votes for philz... I have never used it.... Always been twrp or cwm... What makes you guys want to use philz?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
So wondering we have two votes for philz... I have never used it.... Always been twrp or cwm... What makes you guys want to use philz?

Its based on cwm so doesn't have the bugs and quirks (compatability issues etc) that twrp has but has all the functions twrp has and more...

Its a no brainer for me

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

Reactions: rans0m00

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can adb push to data media but its a ball ache. This is one if the reasons I like philz recovery. Its cwm based but implementing all the missing features and fixes that cwm should have.

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

Its based on cwm so doesn't have the bugs and quirks (compatability issues etc) that twrp has but has all the functions twrp has and more...

Its a no brainer for me

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.